PDA

View Full Version : Young bands and practice?

MagicalTrevor
01-May-05, 10:07
Having already posted in the "Music" message board with little to no avail, I thought I'd take this question to the General.

Where do Rock bands practice in caithness if not their own homes? Me and a few mates are looking for somewhere not too expensive and preferrably in the Wick area.

You will probably agree this is a "Music" related thread and therefore should have stayed in the Music forums but I have another "General" question:

If there are no places to practice in Wick, what can be done about it? Write to the council? Who could I contact regarding this? Because frankly with all this talk of not enough good young bands coming out of Caithness does anyone wonder why?

jjc
01-May-05, 10:51
I used to practise at the school in the evenings or in the Scout hall some weekends...

Alli
01-May-05, 13:48
What about speaking to Thomas Mackay, Dempster Street newsagent to see if you could get into the BB hall in Henrietta Street, or speak to Mr Roy about using the Bridge Street Church basement

Goldfish
01-May-05, 16:16
Try

Whitewater
01-May-05, 17:35
The old boating shed on Wick river is given out for band practice, there is already one band practicing in it. Contact somebody on the Wick Town Improvements committee.

MagicalTrevor
01-May-05, 22:35
Cheers for the helpful replies :)

We will try everything youve suggested, and will probably report back with results ;)