PDA

View Full Version : Tesco Pay Dates

the nomad
03-Apr-07, 09:11
Any Tersco employees out there that can help with a question.

My wife works for Tesco in Inverness and she is not sure when she is paid again, this was due to them doing a round up at end of financial year, 4 weeks pay paid on 23rd March then another week on the 30th March to end financial year, she thinks, but no sure that they are paid againon the 20th of April which completes the four week cycle again, and its then back to four weekly.

Can anyone help? :confused

dozerboy
03-Apr-07, 13:01
Does she not have her own tongue to ask her line manager?? Or maybe we should all ask work related questions on the Org and see if someone out there might know!!

get a grip - do what we all do, and ASK the appropriate line manager in TESCO!!

the nomad
03-Apr-07, 14:49
Does she not have her own tongue to ask her line manager?? Or maybe we should all ask work related questions on the Org and see if someone out there might know!!

Your response is typical of that of a back water attitude, automatically you make certain assumptions and go straight on the attack. You are not typical of a true Caithnessian, who despite liking a bit of gossip, would give their right arm to help someone.

My wife is not at work at the moment and can't ask and my question was a general one that didn't desrve such an ignorant response. Get a life!!!

So to my civilised orgers, when is Tesco's next pay date?

Royster1911
03-Apr-07, 14:54

OUCH. I dont think that was called for!
Could you not have just ignored the post rather than that slap in the face attitude?[evil]

bigjjuk
03-Apr-07, 15:48
my opinion is that the wage structure would settle back to its original way, as thousands of staff have set direct debits etc via their pay date, but dont quote me on that. I agree dozer was way below the belt there, he must be having a bad day or something, best to ignore his post i think and read a response which is typical of the question.

BRIE
03-Apr-07, 15:55

THINK YOU SHOULD GET A GRIP DOZERBOY![evil] REALLY DONT THINK THAT WAS NECESSARY SURE IF HIS WIFE COULD OF ASKED HERSELF SHE WOULD OF DONE.

EDDIE
03-Apr-07, 17:10

Well i agree with you and if she is not at her work to ask the question there is such a thing called a telephone.Sorry but dozerboy has a point

Julia
03-Apr-07, 17:32
Any Tesco employees out there that can help with a question

Have PM'd you

Billy Boy
03-Apr-07, 17:34
THINK YOU SHOULD GET A GRIP DOZERBOY![evil] REALLY DONT THINK THAT WAS NECESSARY SURE IF HIS WIFE COULD OF ASKED HERSELF SHE WOULD OF DONE.

why should he get a grip? would you put a thread on a web site if you wanted to know about your pay dates? I for one wouldn't even think of doing so and see absolute no sence in asking such a question, only one person should answer that and that is his/her manager:roll:

the nomad
03-Apr-07, 17:53
Well i agree with you and if she is not at her work to ask the question there is such a thing called a telephone.Sorry but dozerboy has a point

You are again all making assumptions, you assume the person is well enough to phone. It was a simple question that did not warrant such a response from either you or Dozerboy.

Kaishowing
03-Apr-07, 18:02
You are again all making assumptions, you assume the person is well enough to phone. It was a simple question that did not warrant such a response from either you or Dozerboy.

Perhaps not....but as you're asking online on behalf of your wife, wouldn't it have made more sense to have phoned the people who would know on behalf of your wife?
Not trying to be deliberately provocative, I'm genuinely curious.

dozerboy
03-Apr-07, 19:12
Well, thanks to Billy Boy and kaishowing for agreeing with me, and thanks also to Niall Fernie for the warning for my post.

May I take this opportunity also to correct the person above who stated, "I was not a true Caithnessian." I am not, will never be, and wouldn't want to be a Caithnessian, thanks very much.

I had the misfortune to live in Caithness for a few years and thats as far as it goes, so dinna insult me that way again!!

Julia
03-Apr-07, 19:54
What an absolute Hoo Haa over a simple question! As a new Tesco has opened here there are bound to be a few folkies online who may be able to answer the question easily. If you don't agree with a post on here why even bother to add your opinion if it's just going to be purely negative one which ultimately causes unrest. :confused

dozerboy
03-Apr-07, 20:09
What an absolute Hoo Haa over a simple question! As a new Tesco has opened here there are bound to be a few folkies online who may be able to answer the question easily. If you don't agree with a post on here why even bother to add your opinion if it's just going to be purely negative one which ultimately causes unrest. :confused

Because I have my opinion and you have yours!!

I wasn't being negative, just using common sense.

How many of you reading this would post a work related question in a forum in the hope of an answer? I would be embarrassed to do so!! I would also get ridicule from other workers if they had read it. Even if you are ill, you can use the phone. Thats what your line manager is there for!

rhino
03-Apr-07, 22:06
hi,

my missus works in tesco and yes the next pay date is the 20th of april and then the 18th of may as normal 4 week pay.

wavy davy
03-Apr-07, 22:59
Agree with Dozerboy that ithe original question was an asinine post on a public forum. Pick up the phone why don't you?

Having said that, why do you post on here Dozerboy, if you have such a low opinion of Caithness. No offence - just curious.

dozerboy
04-Apr-07, 07:35
Agree with Dozerboy that ithe original question was an asinine post on a public forum. Pick up the phone why don't you?

Having said that, why do you post on here Dozerboy, if you have such a low opinion of Caithness. No offence - just curious.

Because, as you said in your post, this is a "public forum" not just a Caithness forum, and I happen to like some of the posters on here. There is nothing wrong with Caithness itself, just some of the people in it, but that can be said for any county.

Also, this would be a good place for debate, but just now the mods are dishing out infractions, and banning people for saying almost nothing, because they don't want arguments on here, or people giving their true feelings. I would imagine (as I have said before) that I will be banned soon enough, so I am enjoying posting while I am still able to.

Answer your question?

jay
04-Apr-07, 08:59
Just to throw another spanner in the works - how do we know that Nomad actually has a wife who works in Tesco? are they seperated? is he just trying to find out when she would have money? does she want him to know? I'm sure he is totally above board but I too find it a strange thing to ask on a forum.

Max
04-Apr-07, 09:58
I had the misfortune to live in Caithness for a few years and thats as far as it goes, so dinna insult me that way again!! - Dozerboy

dozerboy
04-Apr-07, 12:36
I had the misfortune to live in Caithness for a few years and thats as far as it goes, so dinna insult me that way again!! - Dozerboy

Wouldn't you like to know?

I must apologise for voicing my opinion - I thought thats what you were doing by posting your post?

As I keep having to say, you have your opinion, I have mine.

Am I not entitled to dis-like Caithness even a wee bit? frankly I couldn't care less what you think of any other part of the country, even if it was where I am, as it is ONLY your opinion - means nothing to me, so don't get so uptight about mine.

If you can't handle what's being said on here then go do something else

henry20
04-Apr-07, 13:11

pot ........ kettle ...........

Max
04-Apr-07, 13:33
Deary meary no need to get your knickers in a twist dozerboy!

Highland Laddie
04-Apr-07, 22:38
Well, thanks to Billy Boy and kaishowing for agreeing with me, and thanks also to Niall Fernie for the warning for my post.

May I take this opportunity also to correct the person above who stated, "I was not a true Caithnessian." I am not, will never be, and wouldn't want to be a Caithnessian, thanks very much.

I had the misfortune to live in Caithness for a few years and thats as far as it goes, so dinna insult me that way again!!

And i'm sure Caithness reciprocates your departure.

engiebenjy
04-Apr-07, 23:20
You know what, if it keeps going like this, then people are going to be scared to post! How many times lately have we seen a perfectly innocent question or observation being shot down in flames by certain other 'orgers'. As you said Dozer, it is a public forum, not an 'only for the select few, and only if you think what we think' forum. Get a grip.

scorrie
05-Apr-07, 00:14
You know what, if it keeps going like this, then people are going to be scared to post! How many times lately have we seen a perfectly innocent question or observation being shot down in flames by certain other 'orgers'. As you said Dozer, it is a public forum, not an 'only for the select few, and only if you think what we think' forum. Get a grip.

Hey, people might get scared to post because they fear that Dozyboy might have a go at them!!

Wise up Benjy, or people might think you don't have a Scooby ;o)

Bulldozer = Dozerbull ;o)

dozerboy
05-Apr-07, 07:31
It's not me that's getting my knickers in a twist here though, thats where you are wrong!!

I am just delighted to be reeling you all in, and you are all taking the bait!!

I'm sure Caithness was glad to see the back of me - the feeling was mutual!!

the nomad
05-Apr-07, 08:32
Because, as you said in your post, this is a "public forum" not just a Caithness forum, and I happen to like some of the posters on here. There is nothing wrong with Caithness itself, just some of the people in it, but that can be said for any county.

Also, this would be a good place for debate, but just now the mods are dishing out infractions, and banning people for saying almost nothing, because they don't want arguments on here, or people giving their true feelings. I would imagine (as I have said before) that I will be banned soon enough, so I am enjoying posting while I am still able to.

Answer your question?

Public Forum by your own words I rest my case.

As for the suggestion I am up to no good, als I fall into the minority bracket of still loving my wife after years, she is lying at home after an accident and is worried about her pay, if she phones the pressure is put on to return.

the nomad
05-Apr-07, 08:34
It's not me that's getting my knickers in a twist here though, thats where you are wrong!!

I am just delighted to be reeling you all in, and you are all taking the bait!!

I'm sure Caithness was glad to see the back of me - the feeling was mutual!!
Ok Dozerboy you seem to have a right chip on your shoulder, yes some Caithness people are a pain, but these are a minority. We believe in democracy in the UK so you have the right to leave if you're not happy

dozerboy
05-Apr-07, 12:32
yes some Caithness people are a pain, but these are a minority.

Ok, this is getting off topic here, but I would dispute the fact I have quoted on this post. Certain Caithness born and bred people that I came into contact with were the most evil, horrible, twisted people I have ever come accross anywhere!! This was the main reason for me leaving the area. I had never before encountered such disgusting attitudes towards other humans.

I haven't meant to insult the area or the nice people of Caithness (of whom there are plenty) but I maybe had an untypical experience in my time there.

If anyone wants to continue this conversation, maybe a PM would be better, to save going further off topic.

quirbal
05-Apr-07, 13:19
wey!!:lol::lol:

lexie
05-Apr-07, 18:42
i have not been on the forum since December....after reading this post...mmmmm! now i no why!

Julia
05-Apr-07, 19:06
Certain Caithness born and bred people that I came into contact with were the most evil, horrible, twisted people I have ever come accross anywhere!! This was the main reason for me leaving the area. I had never before encountered such disgusting attitudes towards other humans.

Shouldn't you be joining the 'Ihatecaithness.org' then? Reap what you sow springs to mind.

I for one am quite shocked at how nastily you have described some of the people of Caithness.

Prob a good idea to close this thread Nomad!

dozerboy
05-Apr-07, 19:10
Shouldn't you be joining the 'Ihatecaithness.org' then? Reap what you sow springs to mind.

I for one am quite shocked at how nastily you have described some of the people of Caithness.

Prob a good idea to close this thread Nomad!

Nomad and I have PM'd each other, and I think we are cool.

I can apologise for what I have said, and I have nothing against decent Caithness folk, but I cannot apologise for the comments I made aimed at the horrible people I came accross. I don't imagine you would be too proud of these people or what they had done if you knew the story.

quirbal
05-Apr-07, 19:22
Nomad and I have PM'd each other, and I think we are cool.

I can apologise for what I have said, and I have nothing against decent Caithness folk, but I cannot apologise for the comments I made aimed at the horrible people I came accross. I don't imagine you would be too proud of these people or what they had done if you knew the story.

hes got a point . there are horrible people everywhere. not even caithness is perfect. but almost. lol

ks
06-Apr-07, 00:09
Dozerboy - ever thought that maybe you found the caithness people to be like they were, due to your attitude!!

dozerboy
06-Apr-07, 07:28
Dozerboy - ever thought that maybe you found the caithness people to be like they were, due to your attitude!!

With all due respect ks, you have absolutely no idea of the situation. But, no it was entirely their attitude and actions towards me.

the nomad
06-Apr-07, 08:13
As its Easter and Friday Dozerboy and I have made our peace. I think we now fully understand each others point.:)

Many thanks to all that did respond:)

By the way my thread has completely lost the plot suggest we all cool down, chill and have a few beers it's Friday.

dozerboy
06-Apr-07, 14:41
As its Easter and Friday Dozerboy and I have made our peace. I think we now fully understand each others point.:)

Many thanks to all that did respond:)

By the way my thread has completely lost the plot suggest we all cool down, chill and have a few beers it's Friday.

Great idea Nomad, Slainthe Mhath

watman
06-Apr-07, 17:11
Wouldn't you like to know?

I must apologise for voicing my opinion - I thought thats what you were doing by posting your post?

As I keep having to say, you have your opinion, I have mine.

Am I not entitled to dis-like Caithness even a wee bit? frankly I couldn't care less what you think of any other part of the country, even if it was where I am, as it is ONLY your opinion - means nothing to me, so don't get so uptight about mine.

If u dont have anything decent to say why dont u do everybody a favour and get off this forum. It is obvious u r just out to cause trouble.

Billy Boy
06-Apr-07, 17:17
If u dont have anything decent to say why dont u do everybody a favour and get off this forum. It is obvious u r just out to cause trouble.

if you had read the thread you would have known dozerboy has made his peace, so it could be said that you are out to cause trouble[evil] and before you ask i am from caithness

dozerboy
06-Apr-07, 17:50

Thanks Billy Boy - yes Watman - can ye no read the entire thread likes??

All sorted oot.

And you speak for everyone on the forum do you? Why don't you start a poll: "Who votes to get rid of Dozerboy?"

jinglejangle
06-Apr-07, 19:37
i have to laugh everytime this happens! i dont just mean all this who-ha with dozerboy - but when someone says something controversial it is funny the amount of people who start replying and fuelling the fire so to speak! if no-one replied or took notice of any posts they did not like then it would just get forgotton about! by the way i have nothing for or against dozerboy - just using this thread as an example!

Billy Boy
06-Apr-07, 20:30
i have to laugh everytime this happens! i dont just mean all this who-ha with dozerboy - but when someone says something controversial it is funny the amount of people who start replying and fuelling the fire so to speak! if no-one replied or took notice of any posts they did not like then it would just get forgotton about! by the way i have nothing for or against dozerboy - just using this thread as an example!

well why dont you practise what you preach then? isnt your post putting fuel on the fire so to speak! if you didnt post in this it may of dwindled away:confused