PDA

View Full Version : electricity

d088z
22-Feb-15, 21:35
hi lookin for advice im on a prepayment electricity meter currently putten £30 to 40 a week in it with sse as supplier would i be better on a monthly direct debit plan not sure as ive always been prepayment meters is anyone else costen a bomb on electricty nowadays

starfish
22-Feb-15, 22:39
have you had the meter check my daughter had this trouble when i phoned ans spoke to a manager no just who answered the phone she has someone out and she had been paying some elses bill that lived in the house before her and she got quite a bit of money back and the meter stopped eating her money

badger
23-Feb-15, 12:39
It's always cheaper to pay by direct debit and to go paperless, i.e. get an email with a link to your quarterly statement. I had a saving of £46 for this last year - not a lot I know but every little ....

celtchicky
23-Feb-15, 13:28
I used to have prepayment meter but changed to credit meter and do notice a difference. I would contact supplier, as suggested by "starfish" just incase there is an issue. As long as you can pay every month there's no issue. Majority of suppliers will put in credit meter for free

Also take readings every day at same time to see how much you are using!