PDA

View Full Version : Shadow has been found

dawncw
30-Apr-05, 10:21
My sisters dog went missing at 1:30am on saturday morning, his name is Shadow, he is a Utonagan (looks like a husky/alsatian). he is a big dog, with husky markings. He is 2 years old and very lovable.

He has epilepsy and has been having very frequent fits lately, it is very important that he gets home safely so he can get his medication to control them.

Could everyone please keep their eyes open to see if u could see him and contact me on 07795958082 if u do happen to see him or know of his whereabouts.

The owners will give a £100 reward for his safe return.

Thanks
Dawn

jac1791
30-Apr-05, 11:32
hope Gavin & Debbie get him back -- he is a lovely dog..

Setanta
30-Apr-05, 19:14
Not to be pedantic folks but I dont have a clue where you are or from or where this dog was lost? I think if he thats ill it would be reasuring to him if we knew his name.

jac1791
30-Apr-05, 19:50
hi
his name is shadow, he lived in the shilling hill area of wick, he is a lovely soft lump .. hope he is now home safe

katarina
30-Apr-05, 19:51
Have you tried the kennels in Reay? Any dogs picked up by the police or dog warden end up there. Also try the police, the vet and the RSPCA. We did all that when out dog went missing. We finally got a call from the vet when a woman brought him in for treatment. I think she was planning to keep him!

FoosumBrute
30-Apr-05, 19:59
Did the dog run away from home ? Perhaps it had bad parents.

champagnebaby
30-Apr-05, 20:04
More chance of some crooks nicking it to try and make a swift pound :roll:

I've seen the dog your on about(not since it went missing) and it's totally gorgeous!! Hope it's found soon!

dawncw
30-Apr-05, 21:35
FoosumBrute, shadow absolutely loved his family and his home, i dont know if u intended to say wat u said in that manner to suggest he was mistreated but its not appreciated at this time as he has still not been found and everyone is very worried so a little thought before u make allegations in the future would be appreciated!

Yes we have foned the police, the vet, the sspca - everywhere!!! Posters have been put up in shops around the town with pictures of him on it. He is a lovely dog and a soft lump and there are only a couple of other huskys in wick so its not as though he blends in with the crowd!

Thanks to all that have been watching out for him, we are just hoping that something turns up before the night ends or that he is waiting in the garden when they open the door in the morning!!

FoosumBrute
30-Apr-05, 21:42
I'm confused now - are we still talking about the 14 year old girl with the metal face that's missing, or is this a four-legged runaway ?

dawncw
30-Apr-05, 22:03
I certainly hope you are confused, either that or sick, as i have said before Shadow is a lovely dog and loved being with his owners, if you have nothing constructive to say please don't spout your rubbish here.

Liz
30-Apr-05, 22:20
I feel so sorry for the owners! :( I know how I'd feel if it was my dog.

Really, really hope he turns up safe and well.

Liz

Liz
30-Apr-05, 22:21
Just thought, it would be worth phoning Caithness.fm and Moray Firth Radio to ask them to broadcast an appeal.

Margaret M.
01-May-05, 03:06
I really hope Shadow is found soon -- he sounds like a lovely dog.

jac1791
01-May-05, 17:01
any word of shadow??

brandy
01-May-05, 17:23
still no word yet.. they have talked to the police even went back down again this morning.. have taken every avenue looking for him.. and they are worried sick! poor thing has medical problems and needs his medicine!! so please please everyone keep a look out!!! hes so big you cant miss him!

Saxo01
01-May-05, 17:52
Hi so sorry to hear about Shadow i have a 7 month old wolfdog & can't imagine what your going through, Hope you find him & let us know.

FoosumBrute
01-May-05, 18:18
Mind you, if I lived in Shilling Hill I'd probably do a runner as well.

Liz
01-May-05, 18:23
Here's a website which might help. :roll:

www.doglost.co.uk

dawncw
01-May-05, 18:31
FoosumBrute, its not shilling hill its thistle park and watever ur opinion of living in that area is wat has it got to do with a missing dog? This is a serious post and comments like that arent very nice or constructive.

Thanks to everyone elses support thou, we just hope we find him soon.

shiney_shoes
01-May-05, 20:41
foosumbrute, u need a damn good slap u know that? and id be quite glad to do it.
dawncw - cant txt phone bill sky high again! sorry doll x

katarina
02-May-05, 07:49
any word on the dog yet? Is it an un-neutered male? If so maybe he's off chasing a wee bitch somewhere and will come home when he's hungry. I hope that's the case - otherwise he might be stolen.

jac1791
02-May-05, 09:27
hope u find shadow

dawncw
02-May-05, 17:26
hi still no word on shadow, yes maybe thats the case that he's off chasing a bitch, i really hope he hasnt been stolen as his breed is not well known and with his medical condition the people that have him will not know wat they are dealing with.

An appeal was put out on Caithness FM last night about him so fingers crossed something may come of that.

Thanks again for all your support.

Liz
02-May-05, 18:03
So sorry to hear that Shadow is still missing. :(

If you haven't done so already it would be worth contacting the website I gave you as they have a really good track record re lost or stolen dogs.

I take it that the owners have contacted the Vets both in Wick and Thurso in case someone takes him for medical treatment?

It's hard to know what else to suggest. :roll:

jac1791
03-May-05, 08:11
hi Dawn, any word of shadow yet???

dawncw
03-May-05, 10:47
Nope still no word.

Gavin and Debbie are offering a reward of £100 to help find him.

dawncw
03-May-05, 19:43
Shadow has been found, sadly he was washed up on a shore, a little boy found him and foned my sister.

Thanks to everyones support over the past few days and for keeping your eyes open for him.

jac1791
03-May-05, 19:53
tell debbie and gavin , we are sorry to hear about shadow, from jacqueline, aalish and michael

Margaret M.
03-May-05, 20:05
Aw, that is so very sad.

Blondie
03-May-05, 20:16
Thats awful :( I'm so sorry :(

Liz
03-May-05, 20:17
Oh I am so very, very sorry. Please pass on my condolences.

Liz

evelyn
03-May-05, 21:22
How very sad for shadow and his folks. Having dogs myself, I cant imagine what they must have gone through over the past few days. I'm absolutely gutted for them.
Evelyn

Mr P Cannop
03-May-05, 21:32
my thoughts are with his owners how sad it must be to hear of it that way :(

Rheghead
03-May-05, 21:50
Very sad end to this thread. I only know too well how it feels to lose a pet in tragic circumstances.

flyfifer
03-May-05, 22:15
Been following your story - so sorry to hear the sad news. We send you our sympathy for the loss of your beloved Shadow.

daviddd
03-May-05, 23:12
poor old Shadow, wonder how it happened?

Fran
04-May-05, 01:46
:( I am so upset to read about shadow and really feel for his owners. How on earth did he end up in the sea, such a terrible thing to happen. Heartbreaking. a dog is like a child.

neepnipper
04-May-05, 07:54
So sad for you. At least you know he was loved and had a good and happy life, my heart goes out to you.

Whitewater
04-May-05, 08:55
So sorry to hear that shadow has been found dead, unfortunately know only too well what it feels like, I know how you (his owners) must be feeling.

katarina
04-May-05, 09:41
Very sorry to hear this. I too wonder how he ended up in the sea.

MadPict
04-May-05, 10:49
Its not far to the sea from Thistle Park. Sounds like he may have headed that way and had a fit and maybe fallen into the sea?

Very sad - having had one of our dogs disappear (thankfully to be found sometime later and some distance away) I can understand the anguish the owners must have gone through.

katarina
04-May-05, 13:41
If he fell over the cliff he would have landed on the beach. The sea doesn't come up as far as the cliff bottom. I don't think the seas were particularly heavy since he went missing. He would have had to pick his way over lots of stone, rocks and then shingle to get to the sea. Unless he went out as far as the Old Man.

hammers
04-May-05, 15:27
Just wanted to say how very sorry we are about Shadow. As dog lovers our hearts go out to him and his owners

Saxo01
04-May-05, 15:40
Were all saddened but please don't discuss your theories on here it can only be hurting the family more, Couldn't bear to lose one of my pair at least he's home to rest now

teddybear1873
04-May-05, 20:02
well l b working in wick tomorrow and l have a good look when m there...hope everything works out...very sad to read some sick comments in here....boot them oot i say

teddybear1873
04-May-05, 20:04
i didnt relise he was found dead...really sorry

~~Tides~~
04-May-05, 20:05
Sorry to hear about your loss folks.

luskentyre
04-May-05, 20:12
I'm so sorry...

George Brims
05-May-05, 00:32
Foosumbrute was not, I believe, making a "sick comment" about this sad subject, just making a sly dig at another poster who weighed in with a bunch of very stupid comments on an earlier thread. That thread has now been taken off, probably because the subject was a bit sensitive.

Moira
05-May-05, 00:59
My heart soared at the post title - then sank when I read the post. I thought he had been found alive & well - sadly this was not the case.

Had been following the thread here & hoping for the best outcome for Shadow. I'd been looking out for him since the post appeared - even though we are at the other end of the town. I'm so sad for Shadow's owners - pass on my best to them - apart from the usual spoke in the works - a lot of folks here were rooting for Shadow being found alive & well. I don't post here often but just felt I had to post a message of support tonight.