PDA

View Full Version : Home rule.

piratelassie
16-Feb-15, 14:54
John Thurso claim's in the Highland Standard that home rule has been delivered, delivered my arse. If that's his version of home rule then he's spending too much time in London. The only way to get home rule is to rule from home.

whaligoechiel
16-Feb-15, 15:42
John Thurso claim's in the Highland Standard that home rule has been delivered, delivered my arse. If that's his version of home rule then he's spending too much time in London. The only way to get home rule is to rule from home.

He hasn't got the guts to own up to who he is he is lord Thurso and his family once owned about two thirds of Caithness and he and his immediate family have managed to sell off that inheritance (not that I am to bothered about parasites) and if you cant manage to your own house I think he has serious problems asking
people to vote for him
Their will be sheep who will follow the liberal Faithfull as with other parties I feel sorry for you

golach
16-Feb-15, 15:57
John Thurso claim's in the Highland Standard that home rule has been delivered, delivered my arse. If that's his version of home rule then he's spending too much time in London. The only way to get home rule is to rule from home.55% voted against home rule, were you not listening.

whaligoechiel
16-Feb-15, 16:09
I don't think you are a born and breed Golach (and do you know what the name means )

golach
16-Feb-15, 16:24
I don't think you are a born and breed Golach (and do you know what the name means )Are you trying to say I am not a Caithnessian, and I have no idea what a Golach is?

rob murray
16-Feb-15, 16:37
55% voted against home rule, were you not listening.

Gollach a certain % of the population are so extremist that they dont listen nor read, and rae in complete denial that 55% voted no to seperation from the UK !

sids
16-Feb-15, 19:25
We all had wishes for the referendum to go one way, or the other. It was decided on which option got the largest number of votes.

I can't think of any other way it should have been decided. I anyone knows better, let's hear about it.

PantsMAN
16-Feb-15, 20:22

No, they voted against independance.

We weren't allowed to vote on Home Rule by that nice Mr Camoron.

gerry4
16-Feb-15, 22:46

55% voted against Independence, not Home Rule. They are 2 different things. Gordon Brown said that 'the vow' was 'as near as dam it Home Rule'. You have things the wrong way around.

The meaning of Home Rule has changed from Gladstones time when it was independence. Today it means devolving everything except for Defence & foreign affairs, in effect a Federal state without a Senate of the 4 countries.

golach
16-Feb-15, 23:11
Well I voted against Idependance and Home Rule, and so did the majority of voters in Scotland.

whaligoechiel
17-Feb-15, 11:26
Well I voted against Idependance and Home Rule, and so did the majority of voters in Scotland.
Ok lets see what the seed you have sowed reaps

Gronnuck
17-Feb-15, 12:12

Yes 55% of the voting electorate voted against independence BUT a significant proportion of that electorate did so because they were persuaded by the LibLabCon promotion of 'the Vow'. Whether it's 'Devo Max', 'Home Rule', call it what you will, it meant significantly more devolved powers to Holyrood.
The result in September was never going to be as simplistic as you prefer to see it golach.
When just 6% of the 'No' voters realise how they have been duped and lied to there might well be more political agitation; people want change. Whatever your opinion there's no denying politics in the UK is changing; these changes have been instigated by the People of Scotland and are having an effect on Westminster.
These are interesting times.

whaligoechiel
17-Feb-15, 12:22
Yes 55% of the voting electorate voted against independence BUT a significant proportion of that electorate did so because they were persuaded by the LibLabCon promotion of 'the Vow'. Whether it's 'Devo Max', 'Home Rule', call it what you will, it meant significantly more devolved powers to Holyrood.
The result in September was never going to be as simplistic as you prefer to see it golach.
When just 6% of the 'No' voters realise how they have been duped and lied to there might well be more political agitation; people want change. Whatever your opinion there's no denying politics in the UK is changing; these changes have been instigated by the People of Scotland and are having an effect on Westminster.
These are interesting times.

Well said and I agree with you May election will be interesting

gerry4
17-Feb-15, 22:33

You could not of voted against Home Rules as that was not on the ballot paper

golach
17-Feb-15, 22:48
You could not of voted against Home Rules as that was not on the ballot paperSighs, Independance = Home rule to me!!!

sids
17-Feb-15, 22:55
c
Yes 55% of the voting electorate voted against independence BUT a significant proportion of that electorate did so because.....

That's good. I like people who can read other people's minds.

sids
17-Feb-15, 22:56
Home Rules

Are you thinking of the old Ibrox penalty thing? That was the "home decision."