PDA

View Full Version : UK National debt.

piratelassie
14-Feb-15, 14:34
The UK's national debt is estimated to be £14 trilloin. It would have been a lot worse if it had not had 40 years of oil revenues to squander. None of these revenues came to Edinburgh they all went to London and we all got a wee bit back just the same as everybody in the UK. So to suggest that Scotland faces a black hole in it's finances because it isn't getting oil revenues it never has had is an arguement most scots saw through a long time ago.

John Little
14-Feb-15, 16:24
http://www.economicshelp.org/blog/334/uk-economy/uk-national-debt/

rose123
15-Feb-15, 18:16
exactly what are you talking about Lassie !!!
Was it not oil company's that invested their money not Scotlands money into oilfields, you have been listening to " KING ALEX " and his drivel. and oh bye the way the democratic vote was NO.

piratelassie
16-Feb-15, 14:49
Oil revenues Rosie, oil revenues.

exactly what are you talking about Lassie !!!
Was it not oil company's that invested their money not Scotlands money into oilfields, you have been listening to " KING ALEX " and his drivel. and oh bye the way the democratic vote was NO.

golach
16-Feb-15, 15:55
Oil revenues Rosie, oil revenues.Oil revenue, whit oil revenue? Oh aye the oil revenue Eck said would be $113.00 a barrel, what's the price now?

rob murray
16-Feb-15, 16:49
Oil revenue, whit oil revenue? Oh aye the oil revenue Eck said would be $160.00 a barrel, what's the price now?

I Think that they budgeted at $113, todays Brent is c $58

PantsMAN
16-Feb-15, 18:23
I Think that they budgeted at $113, todays Brent is c $58

Aye, Scotland, the only country on the planet where voters are told that the possession of oil reserves is a curse.

You couldn't make it up.

sids
16-Feb-15, 19:26
Aye, Scotland, the only country on the planet where voters are told that the possession of oil reserves is a curse.

You couldn't make it up.

Did you just make that up?

rob murray
17-Feb-15, 17:37

You couldn't make it up.

Not a curse per se but a very volatile source of revenue...surely you have to grasp that ?

piratelassie
17-Feb-15, 20:56
Golach are you seriously suggesting oil revenue is not worth having, even at $58 a barrel, you must be the only one.
QUOTE=golach;1110980]Oil revenue, whit oil revenue? Oh aye the oil revenue Eck said would be $113.00 a barrel, what's the price now?[/QUOTE]

golach
17-Feb-15, 21:06
Golach are you seriously suggesting oil revenue is not worth having, even at $58 a barrel, you must be the only one.QUOTE=golach;1110980]Oil revenue, whit oil revenue? Oh aye the oil revenue Eck said would be $113.00 a barrel, what's the price now?
I am suggesting that there may be no oil revenue shortly, I see you make no mention of the thousands of job losses in the oil industry in the North Sea since September

piratelassie
18-Feb-15, 01:15
North Sea oil will flow for many years to come, and you know that as well as everybody else.

I am suggesting that there may be no oil revenue shortly, I see you make no mention of the thousands of job losses in the oil industry in the North Sea since September