PDA

View Full Version : Obesity

unhappywanderer
11-Feb-15, 22:26
When I look at grossly overweight people on television documentaries I see a very large torso, a fat neck and limbs that are often semi-disabled. However, I am not able to see their lungs that do not grow in tandem with their progression towards morbid obesity.
If lungs and the trachea are too small then the obese person will suffer the medical manifestations of hypoxia. What I see is people who should be diagnosed as victims of untreated decompression illness.

sids
11-Feb-15, 22:31
I'm sure my lungs are side by side.

unhappywanderer
11-Feb-15, 22:41
I'm sure my lungs are side by side.

Very intelligent!

Southern-Gal
12-Feb-15, 09:25
Obesity is not talked about on here. People can not seem to be able to get it out in the open. Maybe if it is not talked about it will just go away like magic?

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?236162-How-would-all-the-different-parties-deal-with-this

Kevin Milkins
12-Feb-15, 10:35
It depends how you measure obesity, if you use the BMI method almost all international rugby forwards would be classed as obese.

unhappywanderer
12-Feb-15, 13:16
Obesity is not talked about on here. People can not seem to be able to get it out in the open. Maybe if it is not talked about it will just go away like magic?

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?236162-How-would-all-the-different-parties-deal-with-this

People had thought their air pollutants would go away like magic more than 100-years ago so they carried on using cars and gas cookers. Along came medical calamities such as cancer, obesity, sight loss, diabetes, infertility and asthma among others so it would seem some sort of a thought disorder had affected those people who had thought their air pollutants would all go away like magic long ago.

sids
12-Feb-15, 13:44
People had thought their air pollutants would go away like magic more than 100-years ago so they carried on using cars and gas cookers. Along came medical calamities such as cancer, obesity, sight loss, diabetes, infertility and asthma among others so it would seem some sort of a thought disorder had affected those people who had thought their air pollutants would all go away like magic long ago.

Yeah, nobody died before 100 years ago, or suffered medical calamities such as cancer, obesity, sight loss, diabetes, infertility and asthma among others.

unhappywanderer
12-Feb-15, 14:08
Yeah, nobody died before 100 years ago, or suffered medical calamities such as cancer, obesity, sight loss, diabetes, infertility and asthma among others.

Very intelligent!!!!

Southern-Gal
12-Feb-15, 20:04
Have a look at a school class photograph from forty years ago and see how many fat kids there are. One popped up the other day on facebook of a group photo at Groats school. Not one fat child. Now have a look at any class photo from now and there will be at least three to four obese children. Criminal, child cruelty, it needs addressing :(

unhappywanderer
12-Feb-15, 20:09
There is a sequence of events leading to the onset of obesity

1. The lungs retract, usually during sleep, and cause nocturnal hypoxia.

2. Repeatedly being subjected to periods of hypoxia during sleep causes metabolic mal-function.

3. Metabolic mal-function reduces the ability of the digestive system to deal with foods consumed and some water is retained.

People who are morbidly obese are not to be blamed for their conditions. They simply do not know why their weight increased and nor do they know how to deal with the problem. The UK NHS will never deal properly with obese people because they know not how.

squidge
12-Feb-15, 20:36
Have a look at a school class photograph from forty years ago and see how many fat kids there are. One popped up the other day on facebook of a group photo at Groats school. Not one fat child. Now have a look at any class photo from now and there will be at least three to four obese children. Criminal, child cruelty, it needs addressing :(

Thats a bit of an exaggeration :roll:. There are 80 kids at my wee ones' school and there isnt one "obese" child. There are however children who are big, small, stocky and skinny. Many children grow out of plumpness and many skinny children turn into fat adults. Labelling them and obsessing about their weight at an early age is not helpful to anyone and suggesting that parents of said children are criminals and guilty of child cruelty is judgemental nonsense.