PDA

View Full Version : Pmcd

John Little
11-Feb-15, 21:49
I break my silence today for a particular reason.

A man of wit, intellect and talent passed away today: someone I 'met' on this forum. Someone I never met, in real life, to my regret, because he lived in Caithness and I in England.

A graduate of Oxford university and a leading broadcaster in his field I found his contributions on here to be brilliant, full of insight and humanity. It is little wonder that he rose to be head of the service he broadcast on.

His knowledge, the depth of wisdom he showed, and the experiences he drew on made him a formidable debater, and though he never pulled his punches, he was always the soul of politeness and the model of a civilised man in what he wrote.

There are some people who know how to live- and how to die.When they told him that his cancer was terminal he had a tee shirt made of the London Underground, and on it the words "I'm going underground" and was photographed grinning broadly surrounded by his children and grandchildren.

He showed no fear- at least not in his exchanges with me when I asked him how he was, was glad when he lived longer than his prognosis, and I am utterly in awe of him, for he showed in the manner of his leaving how it can be done.

Style.

Elegance.

Cool cool courage.

Speed well PMCD. Orger Extraordinaire.

It has been a privilege to know you.

Moira
12-Feb-15, 00:13
Never met Pmcd in real life but much respect to him. RIP

sam09
12-Feb-15, 21:59
R.I.P. PMCD indeed a great man.

Nice to see John Little posting again another man of great wit and intellect. Your posts are sadly missed John.

neilsermk1
13-Feb-15, 14:00
R.I.P. PMCD indeed a great man.

Nice to see John Little posting again another man of great wit and intellect. Your posts are sadly missed John. A real gentleman