PDA

View Full Version : NHS still doing business in Wick?

unhappywanderer
08-Feb-15, 23:12
If I were to visit Wick and have another heart attack would the Scottish NHS see it as a bit of business or just leave me to get on with it?

sids
08-Feb-15, 23:20
They would start by digging a hole, just in case.

unhappywanderer
08-Feb-15, 23:55
Well I am already living in a hole. We call it London. However, a hospital is only twenty-minutes away if an ambulance can be found. How long would it take your local ambulance to get me to hospital in the event of a heart attack?

rogermellie
09-Feb-15, 00:21
the response time could vary wildly, but we have first responders up here who help out while the ambulance is en route, not sure if they have defib equipment, hats off to them though - they do a great job

theone
09-Feb-15, 10:51
If I were to visit Wick and have another heart attack would the Scottish NHS see it as a bit of business or just leave me to get on with it?

Well I am already living in a hole. We call it London. However, a hospital is only twenty-minutes away if an ambulance can be found. How long would it take your local ambulance to get me to hospital in the event of a heart attack?

If you were visiting Wick when your heart attack occured, I'd expect you to be in hospital well within twenty minutes, as I doubt anywhere in the town is more than 5 minutes away.

sids
09-Feb-15, 19:24
Lots of people in Wick have similar heart trouble. The population is small and well-enough served by ambulances, etc.

I've just had a thought. Do you mean would the "Scottish NHS" leave you lying on the pavement because you're not a Scottish local? No, they wouldn't.

Best of health anyway.

Fran
11-Feb-15, 17:49
Youb would be in hospital hopefully in 8 minutes.there are no first responders in wick.