PDA

View Full Version : tech help needed regarding video

Alananders68
29-Apr-05, 16:51
Any techies know how to get video onto pc? I used to have a camcorder but it got nicked out of my car one day, so I can't use the camcorder obviously to transfer but I have a couple of tapes, DV tapes that I would like to get transferred onto my computer but don't know how. Is there anyway I can do it without having to buy another camcorder?

~~Tides~~
29-Apr-05, 17:14
Some graphics cards and soft ware allow you to attach a vidio or TV, but if you dont have that I dont think there is much you can do.

EDDIE
29-Apr-05, 17:17
Im quite sure u can if u can get your tapes into a video recorder all u will need is a media centre what will allow u to play tv record and transfer video on to your pc and will convert your video into mpeg.A trip to inverness and visit pc world i reckon as a guess it would cost u about £80 to buy a media centre that does all that.But it is worth it because u will be able to watch tv,record tv input all your video onto your computer.But remember when watchin tv on a pc you need to have really good reception to to get quality tv.Its really all or nothing with reception.

George Brims
29-Apr-05, 20:13
My daughter bought me the Plextor PX-AV100U for my brithday. It's a neat wee box that goes between a video source and the PC using USB (has to be USB 2.0 as 1.1 isn't fast enough). It doesn't even need a power source as it gets its power from the PC on the USB connection. I have converted video to mpeg with it and also made my own DVDs of the recorded material. I don't know what one of those would cost in the UK. I plan to try recording direct off TV tonight when they re-screen last Sundays F1 race. One thing I haven't tried yet is burning the DVD in PAL format for sending stuff over to the UK.

EDDIE
29-Apr-05, 23:43
Hi george the only thing about sending disks back here would be if the code embeded on the blank disks agrees with the dvd or pc roms here

Alananders68
30-Apr-05, 11:41
Thank you for the suggestions, I'll look into those, much appreciated.

Bobinovich
01-May-05, 16:07
If your stuck and your tapes are mini DV then I'll transfer the contents to CD or DVD, depending on file sizes. If you're interested then message me & we can discuss costs.