PDA

View Full Version : Uk elections - nutter parties

Green_not_greed
21-Jan-15, 15:21
With UKIP lining up the usual nutters and comedians for the May election, I was surprised to read the attached about the Greens. Printed in the Telegraph its obviously got a slant, but the nutter aspects seem to check out. I'd give them the same "DANGER - NUTTER - AVOID !" warning as UKIP.....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/green-party/11356354/Drugs-brothels-al-Qaeda-and-the-Beyonce-tax-the-Green-Party-plan-for-Britain.html

In the short term, a Green administration would impose a string of new taxes, ramp up public spending to unprecedented levels and decriminalise drugs, brothels and membership of terrorist groups. Pray these nutters don't hold the balance of power after the election.

Oddquine
21-Jan-15, 17:31
With UKIP lining up the usual nutters and comedians for the May election, I was surprised to read the attached about the Greens. Printed in the Telegraph its obviously got a slant, but the nutter aspects seem to check out. I'd give them the same "DANGER - NUTTER - AVOID !" warning as UKIP.....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/green-party/11356354/Drugs-brothels-al-Qaeda-and-the-Beyonce-tax-the-Green-Party-plan-for-Britain.html

In the short term, a Green administration would impose a string of new taxes, ramp up public spending to unprecedented levels and decriminalise drugs, brothels and membership of terrorist groups. Pray these nutters don't hold the balance of power after the election.

I suppose that is one interpretation of the Green Manifesto...wouldn't quite be mine.

I like the principles, but not sure if they could possibly, or would even try, in the current political and economic climate, to achieve In the short term, a Green administration would impose a string of new taxes, ramp up public spending to unprecedented levels and decriminalise drugs, brothels and membership of terrorist groups a you (or the Torygraph) put it.but it is a good blueprint for a much better society than we have now and a path to walk along towards it over time.

Give them their due, at least they, unlike the Unionist parties, are actually coming up with new ideas (many of which come from the Reid Foundation Commonweal thingie), instead of just producing a plethora of doublespeak which will, whichever party gets elected, soon be consigned to the dustbin of "Great, that worked, we're in.....and now we'll ignore it", as Unionist manifestos (and other promises, vows and agreements) always are.

rob murray
21-Jan-15, 17:35
NUtter party : the SNP have to be in the lead here, and nutters will vote for them

Sandra
21-Jan-15, 18:19
Ahhh.... the ToryGraph, what a wonderful unbiased paper....not!I doubt very much if anyone who would be minded to vote Green reads the ToryGraph regularly or take its views on board anyway!You would be much better informed of the Green policies by going to their websites and not reading biased papers/articles!

Rheghead
21-Jan-15, 18:24
there is nothing more nutteresque than 1% of the world's population having more wealth than the other 99% put together. That is the hard statistic of present day politics which the blue, red, yellow and purple tories wish to maintain. I believe an unfair world is an unsustainable one. I also believe that hard work and enterprise should be rewarded handsomely but not at the detriment of the workforce and environment.

It is only the Green party that will actually do as they say if given the power to do it. Caroline Lucas is one of the few MPs who are there for others and the environment. Good for her. May we see many more Greens in parliament both in 2015 and 2016.