PDA

View Full Version : lidls

Stuart
28-Apr-05, 19:53
is it just me or does anyone else notice that lidl gives of the feeling u have to buy something to get out,the stupid barriers are always closed and u end up havin to buy something to get out and u always have to wait ages cos theres only one person serving

champagnebaby
28-Apr-05, 20:36
Aye e service in ere's about as good as e food - crap!!

Never seem to get service with a smile either :roll:

Alananders68
28-Apr-05, 22:30
is it just me or does anyone else notice that lidl gives of the feeling u have to buy something to get out,the stupid barriers are always closed and u end up havin to buy something to get out and u always have to wait ages cos theres only one person serving

:eek: :confused Why go in to the shop if your not going to buy something :confused

Maybe the measures Lidl use are to minimise shoplifting.

neepnipper
29-Apr-05, 07:48
Well I have always found the staff in Lidl very friendly and just because the food doesn't have a famous name on it doesn't mean it isn't any good. Fruit and veg in there at the moment is really cheap and good quality.

jm.mack
29-Apr-05, 09:58
alananders, people go in to shops to look for something, if it ain't there you don't buy. Simple really.................

trinkie
29-Apr-05, 11:59
Yes, that's exactly what they want you to do - BUY.
And that is why they are so cheap.
You will notice that they dont have small baskets only the large trolleys so that you fill them with as much as you can.
That is why they are so cheap.
The service is poor too, they employ as few staff as they can - and that also, is why they are so cheap.
In the end you get what you pay for.

It's not all rubbish that they sell - I have had some delicious German biscuits and fish.

When I want good service and better quality I go eslwhere, but then I have to pay more!

brew
29-Apr-05, 13:04
How do you know that the fish are German !!!!!! :eek:

Mr P Cannop
29-Apr-05, 13:16

:eek: :confused Why go in to the shop if your not going to buy something :confused

Maybe the measures Lidl use are to minimise shoplifting.

if the shop does not have what folk are looking for so how can anyone buy some thing if its not there ??

Zael
29-Apr-05, 14:52
For the stuff I get from Lidls, I'm glad its there. Their fruit and veg are good and very cheap. The odd other items like cheese, sliced ham, pasta, cleaning stuff and quite a few other things are equally as good as the "known" brands and a fraction of the cost. The staff have always been really good when I've been in so I dont see service as a problem. I think people are just used to the likes of safeways and the co-op which are obviously run rather differently but I dont think the Lidls way is secondary or inferior, just different.

Alananders68
29-Apr-05, 16:23
alananders, people go in to shops to look for something, if it ain't there you don't buy. Simple really.................

if the shop does not have what folk are looking for so how can anyone buy some thing if its not there ??
You're right, but we're talking about a supermarket which is somewhere people go for more than just one specific item. Not having a way out until you've gone through the till is a good idea and only shoplifters would object to it.

Naefearjustbeer
29-Apr-05, 17:29
I quite often go in for a browse to look at the bargains that come in on a Thursday morning, Often I dont buy anything and have no problems walking out of the shop emty handed I am not sure where the problem is? It is the thurso shop I go into and I just walk out past one of the unused tills, Never noticed the barriers being shut.

ŠAmethyst
30-Apr-05, 11:02
The barriers are easy enough to open! :roll:

Whitewater
30-Apr-05, 13:13
brew wrote

how do you know that the fish are german ?

Well brew no British fish in its right mind would ever allow itself to be caught wearing a little moustache and jack boots.

Don't doubt Silver Darlings she/he saw it and ate it [mad]

Setanta
03-May-05, 00:28
How do you know that the fish are German !!!!!! :eek:

roflmao :lol:

Setanta
03-May-05, 00:35
Does no one feel really depressed by the place, I know I do and before anybdoy says it I very rarely go there?

Its one thing being glad that their prices are low but have you ever thought why that is so and how they do it? :~(

Tristan
03-May-05, 08:08
What is it about Lidls (or any supermarket for that matter) that EVERYBODY in the store all go to the checkout at the same time???

Doesn't seem to matter how long you shop, but as soon as You decide it's time to go, like lemmings there seems to be a mass exodus to form a queue to pay and leave...subliminal messages perhaps?

~~Tides~~
03-May-05, 16:59
Supermarkets pay doctors of phycology lots of money to dream up scary phycological subliminal tricks to get you to part with your money. I saw a program on eh telly about it, they put the more expensive products in your eyeline etc.

But that said everyone should shop at lidls. The quality is just superb, not to mention the value of their many items. Specially when they are 20% cheaper!!! It's a great shop with a really happy atmosphere and you always get service with a smile. :D

:eek:

daviddd
04-May-05, 15:05
not sure about the friendly staff, they vary a lot, some certainly are. As for customer service, at least they are open when you want them, not like many local shops that close at lunch time, when many people who work need to shop. [mad]