PDA

View Full Version : Yodel - help with tracking

FieryFairy
19-Jan-15, 20:23
I've just had a read through some old threads about Yodel delivery. Seems I've been going round in circles with their online chat people. I have 3 parcels I'm waiting for and the tracking looks like this:

All tracking events

Parcel out for delivery
Inverness service centre
19th Jan 2015
07:47

Parcel delivered
Inverness service centre
18th Jan 2015
13:54

Bad weather, parcel delayed
Inverness service centre
18th Jan 2015
13:54

Parcel delivered
Inverness service centre
16th Jan 2015
18:10

Parcel out for delivery
Inverness service centre
16th Jan 2015
07:43

Parcel delivered
Inverness service centre
15th Jan 2015
18:12

Parcel delivered
Inverness service centre
15th Jan 2015
18:07

Parcel out for delivery
Inverness service centre
15th Jan 2015
06:48

Parcel received at service centre
Inverness service centre
8th Jan 2015
12:46

Parcel received at service centre
Shaw hub
7th Jan 2015
03:40

As I had an email confirmation of delivery I had immediately contacted them to say they hadn't arrived. Usual answer of taking my email and someone will get back to me. Next day... repeat. All I can get is that it's now 'out for delivery'. Is this typical? Is 'parcel delivered' really just back to Inverness rather to the delivery address?

weeker2014
19-Jan-15, 20:49
I've just had a read through some old threads about Yodel delivery. Seems I've been going round in circles with their online chat people. I have 3 parcels I'm waiting for and the tracking looks like this:All tracking events Parcel out for deliveryInverness service centre19th Jan 201507:47Parcel deliveredInverness service centre18th Jan 201513:54Bad weather, parcel delayedInverness service centre18th Jan 201513:54Parcel deliveredInverness service centre16th Jan 201518:10Parcel out for deliveryInverness service centre16th Jan 201507:43Parcel deliveredInverness service centre15th Jan 201518:12Parcel deliveredInverness service centre15th Jan 201518:07Parcel out for deliveryInverness service centre15th Jan 201506:48Parcel received at service centreInverness service centre8th Jan 201512:46Parcel received at service centreShaw hub7th Jan 201503:40As I had an email confirmation of delivery I had immediately contacted them to say they hadn't arrived. Usual answer of taking my email and someone will get back to me. Next day... repeat. All I can get is that it's now 'out for delivery'. Is this typical? Is 'parcel delivered' really just back to Inverness rather to the delivery address?Sorry to hear your another ASCO victim :(

Dont bother with Yodel just call ASCO at Scrabster Port Services as it is them who will have your parcel going around and around the.county.

FieryFairy
19-Jan-15, 20:55
Thank you weeker2014. I'll give that a try in the morning. The lady I spoke to this evening couldn't be less helpful. :cry: I'm more worried that the parcels are actually lost as it's been so long, but hopefully there will be a more positive response tomorrow.

Billy Boy
19-Jan-15, 21:19
I called Asco last week about a parcel they said they would call me back but never did according to Yodel the parcel was delivered and signed for on the 8th Jan after numerous phone calls and emails I eventually got my parcel on the 13th
this was the reply I received from Yodel on the 14th in regards to my parcel being delivered and signed for on the 8th
Hi,

Your parcel was scanning on the 8th of Jan. This was a mis-scan.

We apologize for this.

Glad you have received your parcel :)

Andy

says it all really

starfish
19-Jan-15, 21:31
have you look in stupid hiding places like your wheelie bins electric boxes ec t ect they have a habit of leaving parcel any where

FieryFairy
19-Jan-15, 21:35
Shocking Billy Boy! We have checked around. Bins are locked away, so not too many places about to hide it. Have checked with neighbours & houses in the area with similar names... no joy yet!

Just had another email to say they were delivered at 15:00 today!? I don't really understand how their system can allow them to be delivered so many times?

dx100uk
20-Jan-15, 01:42
been waiting since 3rd jan for 2 parcels
one came 13th
the other is I'm told trying again coming up the A9 tonight

most of the parcels via collect + yodel, hermes etc etc
all get put in one 40 tonner

kipper
20-Jan-15, 21:20
Similar problem here. Email stated parcel was delivered and signed for., but it wasn't. Eventually found the parcel in the outside electric meter box ! Even tho we have a box at the house marked parcels.

bagpuss
20-Jan-15, 21:57
If there is a parcel missing contact the retailer - it's up to them to chase it up. I did so with Dunelm and the parcel was there first thing the next day

starfish
21-Jan-15, 12:00
there was a bit on tv about this last night delivery persons are not policed checked and are often self employed earning as little as 40p per parcel and if your parcel is missing it is up to the retailer to chase or replace the item , many try to get out of it by saying it down to the delivery agent but you never took a contract out with them the retailer did . I am noe waiting for 2 parcels to come wonder if they appear today

norman.stanley.felcher
21-Jan-15, 14:44
I can't stand back from this any longer. Us poor guys in the delivery van are the easy easy target with you lot.

FACT: the stuff you're posting about getting emails saying parcels out for delivery or being delivered is generated by a computer NOT US!!!!!! it's more often than not WRONG.

FACT: i have NEVER NEVER NEVER stolen anything. whoever is making that accusation should take it back now and apologise now and then f.off.

FACT: you should see the abuse we get on the doorstep from people who believe their delivery is days late. if it isn't given to a courier to deliver then they CANT DELIVER IT. And there is at least one person on these threads who is one of the worst culprits from giving abuse to drivers.

As someone else has pointed out here TAKE IT UP WITH THE COMPANY YOU BOUGHT STUFF FROM. so often the finger is pointed at the courier when the company haven't even dispatched the stuff.

how wonderful it must be to live such lives as you lot where you sit around all day on the internet moaning.

Billy Boy
21-Jan-15, 16:06
When you contact a delivery company and they tell you your parcel was delivered and signed for, when in fact you haven't received it and they cant give you the name of the driver who delivered it or tell you who signed for it, how does that make it the retailers problem?

The delivery company is only going to tell the retailer the same thing, That is exactly what happened in my case, then only to receive the parcel 5 days later and then get an email from the delivery company saying it was a mis -scan.
To make matters worse it has not only happened to me but to loads of other people surely if there was a problem that caused a mis- scan then they should be thinking of sorting the problem out.
Yodel have in fact been voted the worse delivery company for 2 years running.

I would like to say that not all companies are the same as I have received a fantastic service from AJG and never once had any problems with them.

norman.stanley.felcher
21-Jan-15, 16:11
As I say take it up with THE COMPANIES NOT THE DRIVERS.

Some lazy sleaze bag here is suggesting that the drivers should be police checked!!! And what line of work do you do ??? probably none at all which gives you the time to prattle on here with your prejudices.

maybe its time we named and shamed some of the abusive customers we have.

starfish
21-Jan-15, 16:52
norman stanley flecter i said about police checks as this was brought up by a t.v proggramme last night and yes i do work in the nhs so have been policed checked . it seem on here yodel and asco are the one that are always maoned about and yes when i have rang the company they have made out that i have lied when i say the parcel has not be delivered and signed for like their computers have said. and like billy boy i can only praise ajg fantastic serve

norman.stanley.felcher
21-Jan-15, 17:26
ah I get it now. this is an organised campaign by AJG mouthpieces to rubbish any competitors. I did wonder when I noticed the heavy presence of the Thrumster parcel mafia wading into the debate. some people are lucky that any body delivers anything to them given their attitude. it's not beware of the dog, it's beware of the a'hole that should be painted on their gate.

starfish
21-Jan-15, 17:46
credit where credit due i am afraid i have nothing to do with the ajg firm just a happy customer if yodel and asco had a good name these threads would not keep coming up

Eddietom
21-Jan-15, 17:59
I get deliveries from AJG, ASCO, Hermes and the Post Office and all delivery drivers are really good and helpful. Reading the threads it is sad to see people slagging them and there companies. They are all local people doing an honest days work and can only deliver what they get given by suppliers. All these couriers get parcels up daily and deliver daily so why some small minded people on this forum want to slag them is beyond belief. If you have a problem it is suppliers you need to contact not couriers. All these companies delivering locally can only deliver what they get up from the south and if you live here you know that you very rarely get next day deliveries. Next day means usually arriving Inverness. Phone the companies you buy from and tell them and they could change supplier by stop using Post Office,Yodel, TNT, DHL and the rest. It is not a local companies fault if they are not sent the stuff. The problem is south so slag south. Lay of our local people. I am new to forum but was born and lived in Caithness all my life and I had to speak as some of you so called orgers are an embarrassment to the good name of the county.

Billy Boy
21-Jan-15, 18:17
Reading through these posts I notice a few saying oh its not the drivers, so when someone left a parcel in my recycling bin and no card to say that was where they put it, is that also the suppliers fault. Most driver do a great job but lets face it there are a few who whether due to lack of training or whatever give everyone else a bad name.

starfish
21-Jan-15, 18:22
if we are getting that a parcel has been delivered and signed for you expect to be in reciept of that item , many time this is not the case , if there is a problem with the computers send auto emails the bosses of the said companies should look into it . they have loads of complaints but nothing seems to happen. and i know we can not expect next day delivery. but we expect a good service when more often or not we have to pay extra to get things to be delivered up here. often these emails are from the company that have delivered to scrabster for local delivery . so again the bosses at scrabster should get it sorted then we would not get these emails saying things have been deliveried.

weeker2014
21-Jan-15, 20:08
Lol The Thrumster Mafia - Love It.

What I have done is copied all of these posts and sent them to Parcel Link in Inverness - who subcontract the work out to ASCO. Let's see what they have to say about the comments from the ASCO staff on here as well as all over the many genuine posts people have made about the service they receive.

I am lucky to say I have not had anything delivered by ASCO for a long time. Also as I noted, the last time I spoke to an ASCO driver I praised her on here for being brilliant and going above and beyond.

I have also tried to explain that parcels show as delivered when they are transferred over to ASCO in Inverness as ASCO and Yodel systems do not match up and are unable to show when the item is genuinely delivered. In other words you can pretty much take it as read that as soon as it shows as delivered, it just means it has now been passed to ASCO.

ASCO are horrendous. I have mentioned it on many posts, but rather than their drivers making ignorant comments on here, maybe they should be addressing the issues.

And YES AJG are fantastic, never had a problem with them, don't know anyone at the company or their drivers, but praise where praise is due!!!!

norman.stanley.felcher
21-Jan-15, 21:00
weeker2014 you are a LIAR and a STIRRER as it appears has been pointed out here before. Everybody in Thrumster and in the courier companies knows you and knows what a sick little creep you are and the way you treat people. You make up crap then snipe and girn until someone confronts you face to face and then you hide behind your twitching curtains. You should have stayed where you were and then you wouldn't have to need to get your brown envelopes delivered.

weeker2014
21-Jan-15, 21:19
weeker2014 you are a LIAR and a STIRRER as it appears has been pointed out here before. Everybody in Thrumster and in the courier companies knows you and knows what a sick little creep you are and the way you treat people. You make up crap then snipe and girn until someone confronts you face to face and then you hide behind your twitching curtains. You should have stayed where you were and then you wouldn't have to need to get your brown envelopes delivered.

Oh Dear, we have heard all this before from someone who didn't last long on the Org. Bit of De Ja Vu here.

If you would like to confront me face to face then please come to my door and do so since you think you know so much, I have offered before but unfortunately nobody has taken me up on the offer.

Maybe you could explain what exactly gets delivered in brown envelopes, because as I haven't had any delivered I wouldn't know?

In addition maybe you could explain what makes me a liar?

I shall greatfully await your response if you haven't been removed from the forum for abuse before that occurs.

Moonboots
21-Jan-15, 21:31
What is the .Org coming to lol...
I can see 2 points of abuse being given - One from norman.stanley.felcher... and One from weeker2014
Technically both should be removed from the forum.

Its about time the Moderator started doing their job and go by the rules.

Also just to state, Why send something to Inverness when its got nothing to do with them and there is no reason to do.
There is no mention anywhere that someone works for Asco or any other company to that matter. The only thing i can see is that they say they are a delivery driver.

Billy Boy
21-Jan-15, 21:35

I don't know weeker2014 but I think your post is out of order, there is no need to personally attack another member just because you don't agree with them

weeker2014
21-Jan-15, 21:37
What is the .Org coming to lol...
I can see 2 points of abuse being given - One from norman.stanley.felcher... and One from weeker2014
Technically both should be removed from the forum.

Its about time the Moderator started doing their job and go by the rules.

Also just to state, Why send something to Inverness when its got nothing to do with them and there is no reason to do.
There is no mention anywhere that someone works for Asco or any other company to that matter. The only thing i can see is that they say they are a delivery driver.

Because it is parcel link in Inverness who use ASCO to deliver. In addition when said person is going so APE on a thread about Yodel it isn't too much of a stretch to work out who they are batting for, especially when they think any good comments about AJG are a conspiracy. It also doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to work out that when I only get deliveries from AJG or ASCO, he seems to think he knows an awful lot about my deliveries, not to work for the latter!

weeker2014
21-Jan-15, 21:39
I don't know weeker2014 but I think your post is out of order, there is no need to personally attack another member just because you don't agree with them

Cheers Billy.

In addition I have only ever commented on a company as a whole, and never critcised specific drivers. I did however praise one of ASCO's drivers at one point for being so good. It's the companies behaviour I disagree with, not the drivers.

Eddietom
21-Jan-15, 21:48
These pathetic threads confirm why I think the Org is an embarrasment to all decent people in Caithness. These people hide behind anonymous names slagging companies and individuals and usually about things they have not got a clue about. If you have nothing good to say just be quiet. I only joined today but this will be my last post.

starfish
21-Jan-15, 21:50
you only have to look back at older threads to find a lot of people are unhappy with the service yodel and asco as companies are giving so many people can not be wrong as i have said before on this thread its down to the bosses eg managerment a company is only as strong as the weakest link so if the management are not taking this seroiusly then the company will fail.

weeker2014
21-Jan-15, 21:53
you only have to look back at older threads to find a lot of people are unhappy with the service yodel and asco as companies are giving so many people can not be wrong as i have said before on this thread its down to the bosses eg managerment a company is only as strong as the weakest link so if the management are not taking this seroiusly then the company will fail.

Judging by the newbies today only commenting on this post, it looks like management are taking it seriously to send people here, to put those with genuine concerns down.

What a way to run a business and says far more about them than delivery issues!

weeker2014
21-Jan-15, 21:59
Oh Dear it looks like Norman Stanley Felcher has been banned

Moonboots
22-Jan-15, 08:13
Weeker2014 - Im not disputing that it wasnt a driver for Asco/Yodel. Im disputing that the person did not say. Therefore no case.
Everybody is entitled to their opinions however it seems to be getting way out of hand from all members.

What im trying to get across and other people have tried too - If your having problems with companies then get in touch with them to vent your complaint. Not on a public forum
If it wasnt for some companies trying to do their job, some people would end up not getting parcels delivered full stop without a larger cost involved as there would be no local firms to deliver them.
Alot of retail providers use Yodel as its the cheapest one to go with. You get what you pay!! so its down to the retailer really.

Having spoke to an AJG driver, they were glad to get rid of Yodel due to problems and the volume of parcels.

Alice in Blunderland
22-Jan-15, 10:21
Caution has to be advised with all these types of thread on the org. Given that we cannot post openly regarding bad service from local businesses ( heavily moderated recommendations forum ) then its a little sad to see this thread being left to run and run. Anonymity gives some people the freedom to post as they wish. I would be wary of pointing the finger at anyone when we do not know who they are it could be someone pretending to be who they are not. I am not stating this to deflect from the nature of the thread but causing problems at peoples work places when it cannot be guaranteed any employee has been the culprit is just getting out of hand.

As has been said before go to the companies, go to the couriers, ask for advice on the org then if felt necessary leave negative feedback on a forum that allows this against the companies however again when there is the ability to do this anonymously its difficult to know whether some people are being genuine or not.

I am not saying that people are not genuinely having issues I also have had problems with deliveries but caution has to be advised especially with the intentions of some of the posters on this forum.