PDA

View Full Version : Working mums - please help! Childcare.....

celeste
15-Jan-15, 19:21
Hi everyone...I'm new here. Considering a move to the Thurso area with my hubby and two children (P2 and pre school). I've found a little bit of information on the after school club so looking for some users opinions please! Do they pick up from all of the Thurso primary schools? Does anyone know if they can do "out of nursery" care. I.e. my youngest would only be in nursery for 3.5 hours of the day. Can they offer a wrap around service? Failing that do you have any suggestions on where I might start to look for a registered child minder (I could only find two on the Scottish childcare webpage - surely there are more to choose from???) or I might even consider a nanny (?!) who would look after the children in our own home. How do other working mums deal with this quandary if they have no family in the area??? Lots of questions....thanks for any advice / help!

delilah
15-Jan-15, 19:31
This link should take you to a list of childminders on this site. http://caithness-business.co.uk/category.php?cat=38. I don't use a child minder, but thought this might be of use.

rovicam
15-Jan-15, 19:46
This might give you more info www.nosca.org.uk

celeste
16-Jan-15, 11:48
thanks so much - great help both of you!