PDA

View Full Version : Petrol Station, Halkirk

gerry4
15-Jan-15, 13:49
Am I right in believing that Halkirk has no petrol station or has one opened since Bridgend closed last year.

In today's P & J are running piece via the LibDems on how rural communities will soon have reduced petrol prices. Halkirk is to be ones of these communities. I'm wondering how if it has no petrol station. Surely our MP, John Thurso, as he is in the same party as Danny could of had a quiet word & said, "Hi, why not change it to Bettyhill or Durness".

appilihp
19-Jan-15, 00:20
I believe the car repair place opposite postoffice has petrol for sale in Halkirk

Aestus57
19-Jan-15, 08:43
It stopped selling petrol 12 months ago!

Humerous Vegetable
19-Jan-15, 13:00
Interesting that sad LibDem MP Danny Alexander appears to be taking sole credit for extending the Fuel Discount Scheme to KW12, which has no petrol stations at all in this postcode. Yet Bettyhill and other far-flung places which have KW14 postcodes, have no access to the promised 5p a litre saving. More money saving PR spin from the ConDem alliance, then.

Wanted
19-Jan-15, 17:53
IT is wonderful how this postcode allowance was allowed on an area with NO petrol station..that just shows how in touch our councils are

gerry4
19-Jan-15, 22:15
As I said at the start, its a wonder our MP did not say to Danny, "mate, made a slight mistake, no petrol station there, why not use Bettyhill instead". Goes to show how much they speak to each other.

Maybe Thurso nominated Halkirk as he could not of nominated Thurso (town) & Halkirk is closest to his home.

gillsbay
19-Jan-15, 22:51
The problem is that this is a decision by the EU and when the application was made there was a filling station in Halkirk.
I always felt that it would be unfair to other fuel retailers if one filling station in the county was able to undercut the others because they were paying less duty, should be all or none.

Kenn
20-Jan-15, 00:30
Just goes to prove that along with all the others The EU is not up to speed.
Would like to see the pumps in the village where I live included too but NO chance.
Bettyhill / Durness and the like seem to have slipped through the net along with alot of places. Another oppurtunity missed.

Humerous Vegetable
21-Jan-15, 13:04
As I said at the start, its a wonder our MP did not say to Danny, "mate, made a slight mistake, no petrol station there, why not use Bettyhill instead". Goes to show how much they speak to each other.

Maybe Thurso nominated Halkirk as he could not of nominated Thurso (town) & Halkirk is closest to his home.

Why would John Thurso be bothered about how much taxpayers have to pay for his fuel? That's what MPs' expenses are all about, surely?