PDA

View Full Version : GP Appointment Times

weeker2014
13-Jan-15, 16:35
I read a bit in the paper recently about the difficulty in getting GP appointment in Wick within 7 days at the Riverview Practice. I recently changed from Riverview Practice to the Pearson Practice due to various reasons not around appointment times.

I was really surprised a few moments ago when I contacted the Pearson Practice for my first routine appointment to find that I was able to get one within 24 hours.

This is pretty amazing in this day and age and really is a shining beacon of the way it should be, especially when it is a single GP practice with no problem registering with them.

Are there any other good stories out there of GP practices in the county who are also a shining beacon of modern healthcare in terms of appointment times?

Southern-Gal
13-Jan-15, 17:10
I rang at about ten this morning for an appointment and was given a choice of two appointments for tomorrow, one with a locum and one with one that is there all the time. Cant say fairer than that :)

starfish
13-Jan-15, 17:24
not had a problem with riverside if no appointment was available i got a telephone call from a gp and if it deem fit i got an appointment that day

weeker2014
13-Jan-15, 17:37
I rang at about ten this morning for an appointment and was given a choice of two appointments for tomorrow, one with a locum and one with one that is there all the time. Cant say fairer than that :)

Was that with Riverview or Pearson?

weeker2014
13-Jan-15, 17:39
not had a problem with riverside if no appointment was available i got a telephone call from a gp and if it deem fit i got an appointment that day

You must be in the few then. I doubt that the paper would have written about it if people were getting the same service you seem to be getting.

Southern-Gal
13-Jan-15, 17:57
Was that with Riverview or Pearson?

Riverview :)

weeker2014
13-Jan-15, 18:00
Riverview :)

Maybe the article in the paper did some good :-)

celtchicky
13-Jan-15, 18:54
Ive had issues getting an appointment with a certain GP & have had to wait over a week

Southern-Gal
13-Jan-15, 22:08
Ive only ever needed an appointment three tmes in nearly three years and this last one is the longest Ive had to wait!

Angel
14-Jan-15, 12:58
I had to wait 14 days (Riverveiw) to see my doctor or any doctor was a 10 day wait...I ended up in A&E came out in a sling...I was having physio before I actually got to the doctor and he wasn't mine!
I think it may be that they all had holidays to take!...

Angel...

rose123
14-Jan-15, 17:16
Castletown surgery and staff, wonderful.

buzzbee
14-Jan-15, 23:28
Dunbeath Surgery - The GP's and receptionists are amazing. :D

deSIGN
16-Jan-15, 12:11
I have always been seen in a few days at Princes St Surgery and find the staff very nice and helpful.