PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk Westminster 2015

Humerous Vegetable
13-Jan-15, 15:18
I would be interested in Orgers' views on this year's GE, and what parties they think would best represent Scottish opinion in Westminster. I myself am inclining Greenward or SSP, but would like to hear arguement and debate from other party supporters. The future of Scotland is important to me and my kids, so I want to make the best choice of the limited bag available to us in May.

It's time we had a more lively debate on here about something more important than the opening hours at Tesco.

weeker2014
13-Jan-15, 16:15
I would be interested in Orgers' views on this year's GE, and what parties they think would best represent Scottish opinion in Westminster. I myself am inclining Greenward or SSP, but would like to hear arguement and debate from other party supporters. The future of Scotland is important to me and my kids, so I want to make the best choice of the limited bag available to us in May.

It's time we had a more lively debate on here about something more important than the opening hours at Tesco.

Good luck with a debate like that on here. Buckle yourself in as it's gonna be a bumpy ride.

weeker2014
13-Jan-15, 16:23
Personally I will be voting SNP. It has nothing to do with the referendum or the way I voted there, before anyone tries to jump on me for it.

I simply feel that with the other parties covering the whole of the UK the interests of 63 million people beats the needs of 6 million and always will for those parties. It's not Scotland who delivers the lions share of seats to get them into government. Regardless of how much Jim Murphy wants to stand away from UK labour, be is still a UK labour minister and leopards don't change their spots.

I believe a party who has interests in Scotland only, such as the SNP are the only party that will fight for the rights of Scotland. The same goes for other parts of the UK such as Wales and NI. I fully believe people should be voting for parties who only have an interest in Wales and NI so they get the best for their countries.

This is one of very few General Elections in my lifetime where there is enough oomph behind a party to actually make a difference to the make up of parliament and make a difference for the people of Scotland. No longer is it a 2 or 3 horse race and parties are going to have to learn to really work together to meet the needs of the many and not the few.

BetterTogether
13-Jan-15, 21:17
I would never vote for a party which chronically mismanages its finances the underspend of £444 million by the SNP puts pay to them being the party of inequality when just in that one action they have proved it is all rhetoric and theres nothing substantive in their promises

Rheghead
13-Jan-15, 23:04

I'm doubtful that the Greens will put forward a candidate this year, they didn't in 2010. The national mood seems to be get behind the SNP, that sentiment is even echoed from some of the other parties who campaigned for a Yes vote. This is not because we necessarily like their policies but we should have confidence that they will give us the strongest voice to get more powers for Scotland in a post election political landscape.

Even Chance
14-Jan-15, 11:44
I would never vote for a party which chronically mismanages its finances the underspend of £444 million by the SNP puts pay to them being the party of inequality when just in that one action they have proved it is all rhetoric and theres nothing substantive in their promises

Change the record to something folk will listen to wid you? You a one hit wonder?
So they kept some back "just in case", good on them!

theone
14-Jan-15, 12:31
I think it's going to be an interesting election.

The large number of Scottish voters changing from Labour to SNP will be a huge boost for the conservatives. Labour can't win without Scottish seats.

But the projected loss of Tory votes to UKIP might shake things up in England.

I can also imagine a lot of Lib Dem voters migrating to other parties following the current coalition parliament.

At the moment I'd bet on a conservative win, but I can also imagine there might be some unexpected twists.