PDA

View Full Version : what is the world coming to?

brandy
30-Mar-07, 13:12
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/03/29/homeless.attack/index.html
in all honesty, i think these kids deserve what they get. at ten years old they know right from wrong.
they know better than to beat a man half to death.
even if they dont do any time for the assault.. i hope that being locked away and treated like a criminal.. (which they are) has taught them a lesson.. i wonder what some of the teens here would do if they were arrested and put in jumpsuits and put on a chain gain to be led in to court?
to be tethered hand and foot? i tell you what i would dearly love to see some of the darlings here be done like that *Grins* chained hand and foot and let off to a cell to cool their heels before they went in front of the judge!

brandy
30-Mar-07, 13:21
now read this!
http://www.ketv.com/news/11424916/detail.html?subid=22100461&qs=1;bp=t

ok this is getting ridiculous!!
how is the parent to blame for this?
i would say the babysitter should be in jail!
argghhh... gonna drive me crazy!

_Ju_
30-Mar-07, 13:35
I think, Brandy, that the parents did not choose their child carer appropriately. If you look at it from this side of the pond, a childminder has to be licensed and monitored. If a person chooses to use an unlicensed childminder (usually because it is cheaper), they have not taken adequate care of the child and are held responsible (along with the childminder) should anything happen. Also, the article doesn't go into detail, but the child was also removed for the parents not having provided the child with safe, stable and appropriate housing.

I don't know much at all about the american social security system, other than it is very basic, so I suppose that children are not removed from parents unless absolutely necessary, especially since putting them into care is more traumatic for the child and more expensive to the state.......

crashbandicoot1979
30-Mar-07, 13:39
As far as I'm concerned, if you fly with the crows, you get shot with the crows so I totally agree that the 10 year old boys should be treated the same as any other criminal. At 10, they should know its wrong to treat anyone that way. If nothing else, it might act as a deterrent and make them think twice about offending in the future. Young offendors in the UK have it too easy. I would love to see the UK tether criminals aswell, instead of getting in a flap about their "human rights", then having them sue the justice system because they don't get tatties with their dinner in the nick, or whatever.

As for the babysitter one, defintely should be the babysitter to blame. Clearly an unsuitable choice of babysitter but how could the parents know she would fall asleep and leave the baby with the other children?? Bizarre.

Kenn
31-Mar-07, 01:42
Was amazed to hear yesterday that a 15 year old had sexually attacked an 11 year old!
There are the cowards that hide behind the knife and the gun who have NO connection to real life.
What are we teaching our children? Or are we not teaching them?
Did these crimes exist in earlier years when we did not have the availability of instant news or is it just a new phenomina?
Where have morals gone?
For every evil there is a balancing good, but at the moment with the do-gooders and the pc correctness I sometimes wonder if the plot has been lost.

JAWS
31-Mar-07, 03:51
They are being taught that they are "untouchable".
They are being taught that whatever they do there will be no form of sanctions because "they are too young to understand".
They are being taught that they have "Rights" but are not being taught that with those "Rights" there have to be Responsibilities which go with those "Rights".

There is a lot to be said for the old saying, "Spare the rod and spoil the child" and before anybody jumps down my throat, the "Rod" does not necessarily need to be anything physical providing the child learns that there are boundaries saying what is acceptable and what is not.

With the incident involving the under-fives and the baby, the parents should never have left their children alone and completely unsupervised with the baby.
I'm not sure what others think but I would leave a group of under-fives alone like that even without the baby being there.

Big Jean
31-Mar-07, 04:13
I'm not sure what others think but I would leave a group of under-fives alone like that even without the baby being there.

Golly JAWS, I am sure you mean't "would not" leave under- fives alone ! Right ? I do agree with you on the rest however.

Actually on re-reading your post, I do see in the sentence above the one I quoted, you did say "parents should never have left their children alone" so I do apologize . It had to be a typo .

brandy
31-Mar-07, 09:29
but thats the rub.. the parents didnt leave the baby alone .. they left them with a babysitter.. whom they trusted to care for their infant for an hour..

_Ju_
31-Mar-07, 11:01
but thats the rub.. the parents didnt leave the baby alone .. they left them with a babysitter.. whom they trusted to care for their infant for an hour..

The thing is that there were six children under the age of five being "taken care of" by the "childminder". At least here there are laws that govern the number of children and their ages that childminders can have at any given time. I am not sure, but I believe that there can only be 2 children under the age of 2 and there is a limit on the number under the age of 4.

Anyway, as the article says and the tv news report associated, the child was not taken away "only" because of the baby sitter situation. The parents themselves were living in domestic violence and has failed to provide a safe, stable and appropriate home.

Bloo
31-Mar-07, 12:21
Brandy thats terrible, they beat up homeless people, and another group did it to and infant! But then again....only in America eh. Im not meaning to sounds offensive to Americans but thats terrible....an infant.:~(

brandy
01-Apr-07, 07:52
ok.. now the world is going crazy.. on cnn today.. is a video about a 6 year old little girl. primary one.
she threw a tantrum in school.. threw a few chairs, hit out at the teacher then colapsed on the ground sobbing and crying..
what do they do?
call the police.. they come .. (now complete strangers to this child)
handcuff her, take her to jail, book her and put her in a cell.. and she is facing felony charges!!!
now this is just ridiculous!
if that had been my child i would have lost my mind.
first i would be screaming kidnapping.. if they wanted to get nasty..
as they came to the school and took my child away without even informing me.
what is this.. teens can do anything.. and the criminals are getting the best of everything .. but little children are getting handcuffed and carried of to jail for temper tantrums?
where has common sense gone to?

Ricco
01-Apr-07, 08:48
Brandy thats terrible, they beat up homeless people, and another group did it to and infant! But then again....only in America eh. Im not meaning to sounds offensive to Americans but thats terrible....an infant.:~(

Guess what, Bloo. It has happened at least once in this country. A group found a well-known homeless man sleeping under a railway bridge in Reading and set fire to him - he died in agony. There is just too much violence available to kids - computer games, etc - that they start to lose the connection between reality and fiction.

As Jaws inferred, morality and responsibility are at an all time low.

brandy
01-Apr-07, 23:25
and it was over here where the two kids took that poor little toddler and tourtured him and killed him and left him on the train tracks.. that was just pure evil..

JAWS
02-Apr-07, 20:51
Golly JAWS, I am sure you mean't "would not" leave under- fives alone ! Right ? I do agree with you on the rest however.

Actually on re-reading your post, I do see in the sentence above the one I quoted, you did say "parents should never have left their children alone" so I do apologize . It had to be a typo .
Oops! I think there is a missing "not" in my sentence. :eek: It was definitely a Typo.