PDA

View Full Version : £500 allrounder or broodmare for sale

Emaleask
06-Jan-15, 18:33
photos available on;

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/classifieds/horses-and-ponies-for-sale/all-rounder/w/uk/caithness/wick/500ono-allrounder-or-broodmare-for-sale-152h-452754.html

Sire - Royal Applause
Dam - Cominna
Damsire - Dominion

£500 I will accept offers.

Please no time wasters.

Star Applause is a 14 year old mare, measuring 15.2h. She has a perfect temperament and lovely manners. She has been a broodmare before so has the experience of birth/bringing up a foal. Star has the most perfect temperament you could find in a horse. Never has she tried to kick or do anything dangerous. She loves to be brushed all day and will stand to let you clip her (even her ears) and stands when you hose her with cold water. She will stand and let you change her rug in the field when It's windy. You can crawl under her belly, anything, she is safe in all ways. Absolute star to work with even for a nervous novice/beginner to work around her.

She is up to date with farrier/vet/teeth/vaccinations and worming.

We have owned her for two years and we have become attached to this lovely natured horse.

She retired from racing at age 4 because she wasn't fast enough, after that she was professionally schooled and you can tell when you're riding her that she knows what she's doing. She has lovely floaty paces that turns heads at shows, winning her rosettes in her in-hand classes. She jumps 2ft courses and isn't spooked by trees or fillers. However isn't a novice ride as is forward going, but she isn't dangerous as can be slowed down/stopped straight away. Goes best with a rider with light contact to reins and use of voice. She lives on a croft so is used to machinery and loud noises.

She has been showed
She has done eventing
She has been to pony club camps/events

However I haven't been able to ride her for about 2 months as the field has become very wet/muddy and is now shared with sheep. I have been forced to put her on a Winter break. She will need brought back in and needs her to build up fitness again. I brought her back into work last year and she was the exact same to ride as she was before her break.

I am now regrettably faced with selling Star, I am far too busy with my senior school work, my part time job and arranging for a school trip next year to fit in time for my horse. She is now being left in the field and she has far too much potential.

Would suite a confident teenage rider or young adult.
Or family looking for a broodmare. She has the perfect temperament and experience with birth/bringing up a foal.

She loads straight away when there is another horse in the trailer but needs some encouraging when loading alone as she is unsure about being alone. She's never silly just needs a bucket of food and encouragement and she walks in and stands fine.

Broodmare (been sent to stud)
DNA tested
Passport
Microchipped

100% with:
-leading/catching (comes to you every day in field and can catch again once you've released her)
-Having her rug changed or getting brushed/worked with when she's eating her food
-Clipping
-Bathing (hot or cold) (hose or bucket)
-Farrier
-Dentist (doesn't need sedated)
-Vaccinations
-Worming (doesn't fight against it, opens mouth for you straight away)

£500 price includes everything but NO saddle unless buyer would like to buy a brand new saddle I got her at a separate price. If not I have professionally fitted sizes for her that was measured when she got the back women/saddler out to give to buyer. Rugs and lots lots lots more are included in price also.

Star wind sucks hence price and has had a lump(doesn't effect her in any way) on her hamstrings area that she's had all her life, she has never had any health problems from it, or from anything else in that matter, she stays healthy all year round and I have never experienced her being ill. During the Winter she keeps her weight on well.

This is a very emotional sale of a much loved horse and I am only going to sell to a 5 star home where there is other horses as she doesn't like to be alone.

CONTACT DETAILS
ema_leask@hotmail.co.uk