PDA

View Full Version : Mosser's Den

Mosser
02-Jan-15, 23:06
Has anyone ever come across an old poem titled "The Battle of Mosser's Den, from vague memory it began; Hark, the sound of Mullah's drum, the battle of Mosser's Den's begun, Mullah wi' a gret beeg stick, kocked Bitta ower Wildig's Dick. For those unfamiliar with Mosser's Den it was a shallow ravine with a muddy burn which ran where present day Bay View in Wick now is. I've been trying for years to locate this and, as you never know what Caithness.org will uncover, here's hoping

south view 7
04-Jan-15, 19:19
As a born & bred Willow banker we pronounce it moezers den,i new bitta and climbed on wildigs dick (wall)but have never heard of the poem,hope you are successful with your quest..

Mosser
05-Jan-15, 12:56
As a born & bred Willow banker we pronounce it moezers den,i new bitta and climbed on wildigs dick (wall)but have never heard of the poem,hope you are successful with your quest..

Aye South View, but it was a different Wildig (not Manson) on the other side of the Den and the original name was as I quoted, in spite of the way we Willowbankers pronounced it.