PDA

View Full Version : Big Gig Ii

K dragon
29-Mar-07, 17:54
alrighty peeps....sorry had to use that, my mate just said it and i was compelled too.

anyway, im almost finished wrapping up the big gig for you, and i have to finalize a list of things etc etc, anything else you lot would like to see at the gig let me know now please.

dave

Deemac
31-Mar-07, 01:29
A decent lighting rig/set-up would be nice!!

Last years lighting was a disco based system. I didn't think this looked good for an outdoor/daylight type set-up. There are other local sytems that could be used.

Just a thought . . . . (no more - he said tip-toeing around the vast and delicate egos out there!!).

K dragon
31-Mar-07, 01:57
love to but again......no money.

Chobbersjnr
31-Mar-07, 03:00
not even Darren Sutherland?????

what do you have lined up in the way of lighting??? out of curiosity

Jeid
31-Mar-07, 10:05
not even Darren Sutherland?????

what do you have lined up in the way of lighting??? out of curiosity

The man has a point, Darren does do good lights, and I'm sure his costs for the day would be reasonable

K dragon
31-Mar-07, 12:35
i have been trying to get in touch with him but no one has contact details, i have been trying for about three weeks now.

Chobbersjnr
31-Mar-07, 14:37
I'll PM you a number

BigKev
02-Apr-07, 13:14
A few bits of information on the set up would be handy for the bands involved.

What spec of PA and who is running it?

What are you planning to use as lights, you said you had no money so are you getting a system for free?

What size is the stage this year? the same double artics?

What kind of backline / kit are you planning to use?

Are you planning to have any fund raisers prior to the big gig? someone metioned the idea to me the other day and it sounded like a good idea. It would allow you to hire a decent lighting set up and also help fund the PA.

If these thing havnt been decided it doesnt matter, im sure youll have it under control.

K

moncur
02-Apr-07, 13:39
What spec of PA and who is running it? I've got a Karaoke amp kicking about somewheres! That'll do!

What are you planning to use as lights, you said you had no money so are you getting a system for free? Ben has some flashing blue police-type lights. that'll do!

What size is the stage this year? the same double artics? Studio 66 built a wee drum stage and i have a 4x3' Trailer. That'll do!

What kind of backline / kit are you planning to use? No drumkit needed. Calum will just beatbox for every band!

Are you planning to have any fund raisers prior to the big gig? someone metioned the idea to me the other day and it sounded like a good idea. It would allow you to hire a decent lighting set up and also help fund the PA.
Easy Answer - PUB CRAWL!

K dragon
02-Apr-07, 14:06
we have a limted budget. and that goes towards the sound. lights etc.

isaac has given us a 17k sound rig manned by someone called dave. have to arrange a meeting as of yet.

equipment will be sorted once i have the sound done, but...that will also have to be sorted out amongst yourselves, as in who ever is willing to generously supply an amp or what not or prefers to use there own as they know its better than everyone else's then say so.

its two trcks again, but i have requested two the same size this year as i understand some of you found it uncomfortable and dangerous, wether or not we get them thats up to stevenson and co.

lights, i currently obtained darren sutherlands number so i will also contact him this week.

zebedy
02-Apr-07, 14:17
i thought the two lorrys together was ace! lawl

another thing i vote for this year. that if john baikie comes he is allowed on the stage!

last year i was told some said to him to get away cause it wasnt his shoot or sumtin!

get megan coghill for some photography aswell ! shes very talented!

Itoshi
02-Apr-07, 19:20

I heard she's pants :P

Jeid
02-Apr-07, 19:25
i thought the two lorrys together was ace! lawl

another thing i vote for this year. that if john baikie comes he is allowed on the stage!

last year i was told some said to him to get away cause it wasnt his shoot or sumtin!

Agreed... Baikie could've got some quality photos from the Big Gig, I never saw any of the other guys pictures.

Also agree about Megan's photos, even if you don't like us, you'll agree that her live pictures are fantastic. Get both on board!

Jeid
02-Apr-07, 19:27
I heard she's pants :P

And what would you know? ;)