PDA

View Full Version : Tv what a load of rubbish

reddevil
27-Dec-14, 20:30
christmas spirit i needed a lot of. i believe this must be the worse year ever ever for xmas viewing what rubbish we are getting for our licence.bit of time off work for the festive season great, nice dinner magic, sit back and relax wonderful,tv what a lot of toss,apart from that hope everyone is safe and well and having a merry time xxx

Kevin Milkins
27-Dec-14, 21:05
Zulu been on, what else could we ask for? I have seen it so many times I know all the words to the Zulu songs, but still get a tear in my eye to Men of Harlech.

Mother Superior
27-Dec-14, 21:36
And there's no Songs of Praise on Sunday!!!

Oddquine
28-Dec-14, 00:00
christmas spirit i needed a lot of. i believe this must be the worse year ever ever for xmas viewing what rubbish we are getting for our licence.bit of time off work for the festive season great, nice dinner magic, sit back and relax wonderful,tv what a lot of toss,apart from that hope everyone is safe and well and having a merry time xxx

Delighted I ditched the TV licence about a year ago, due to referendum bias, and plugged the big TV into the desk-top as a monitor. Hadn't watched live BBC or ITV much for ages before that, anyway.....not into soaps and various flavours of reality trash. More interesting (and honest) news online....and on the very, very odd occasion when BBC/ITV etc have something worth watching......then that's what catch-up is for, isn't it. BBC in particular has dumbed down past the point of being worth the bother of switching on. imo. Well past time they had to earn their audience and thus their income, as opposed to having the income handed to them on a plate, while the punters who fund them get fobbed off with the cheapest crap programmes, so the "celebrities" and the " management/presenters" can stuff much of the licence fee income into their back pockets as recompense for not doing much to earn their corn..and the punter is subjected to the TV equivalent of the pointless muzak played in lifts, or while waiting to get connected to a real person on the phone by BT or the Hydro Electric.

When did we get so accepting of mediocrity as the norm, I wonder?

Metalman
28-Dec-14, 00:08
There are so many channels to search through. Still looking for one with no adverts!

Oddquine
28-Dec-14, 01:14
There are so many channels to search through. Still looking for one with no adverts!

You can almost forgive adverts if the programmes between them are worth watching. Advert breaks have always been the time to put on the kettle for the next cup of coffee, or the time for the next toilet break. I find it harder to forgive what is meant to be a universally funded UK-wide public service broadcaster(the BBC) being nothing more than the mouthpiece of Government and a cash cow for those and such as those who have been approved by the powers that be as safe hands to promulgate the Government spin on things. I resented my licence fee being used to produce interminable inaccurate propaganda spin about the way life/economy/politics worked in the UK with reference to Scotland, as if Scotland was an even nastier and more dangerous version of what has now become the Republic of Ireland....which is why I stopped paying it....and I suspect I was not alone in doing that.

PantsMAN
28-Dec-14, 21:40
Christmas TV - magic.

There are some repeats on that I haven't seen for 2-3 weeks. Heroes of Telemark is what put me to sleep this afternoon.

Mother Superior
28-Dec-14, 22:42
Daily repeats of the Sound of Music would be nice.

neilsermk1
28-Dec-14, 23:54
try the BBC