PDA

View Full Version : New classes starting 15/1/15 in Ballroom and Latin Dancing (Waltz/Quickstep etc)

heathfieldgunn
27-Dec-14, 12:34
Due to the popularity of the trial class, I have now been asked to run a permanent Beginners Class in Ballroom and Latin Dancing in Thurso. This class will start on Thursday 15th January and will be every Thursday thereafter (holidays will be advised) from 7pm to 8pm in the Girl Guide Hall, Robert Dick Place. It will be a fun class which will get you moving round the dance floor to most types of music and should be an introduction to Waltz, Quickstep, Cha Cha, Rumba and progressing on to cover some of the other 10 dances within the Ballroom and Latin syllabus. It is not intended to be a serious or difficult class, but will cover a bit of technique here and there to help you along the way, including help with leading and following. Come along and join in the fun.
Contact Lesley Gunn 01847 892658 for details or email heathfieldgunn@gmail.com

heathfieldgunn
06-Jan-15, 22:40
Just over a week to go until the start of the classes and I have had quite a few contacts hoping to come along. Don't forget, you don't need to have any special clothing or footwear but do wear something that will allow your feet to slide a bit on the floor (not trainers). I am hoping to cover a bit of Waltz and Cha Cha or Jive the first week and we will see how it goes from there. Looking forward to seeing you there!

heathfieldgunn
13-Jan-15, 21:00
Hope this weather won't keep you from joining us on Thursday evening.

heathfieldgunn
16-Jan-15, 21:17
Brilliant turn out for the first class, even with the weather and roads being a bit dodgy! Hope everyone enjoyed it and look forward to seeing you all next week for a bit more Waltz and Cha Cha Cha - maybe even sneak in a wee bit of Foxtrot if there is time!

heathfieldgunn
28-Jan-15, 21:37
Folks, I have to say that the class is full to the brim at the moment, but if anyone is still interested, please get in touch as I may need a second class for the overflow!

heathfieldgunn
08-Feb-15, 23:01
I will be starting a second class on a Tuesday evening (place yet to be finalised) from 730 to 930pm which will also cover the basics in Ballroom and Latin dances. Keep an eye out for a new post about this and if you would like to attend, please get in touch: thursocomedancing@gmail.com or heathfieldgunn@gmail.com