PDA

View Full Version : Short break for sale

neelie
26-Dec-14, 16:24
Short break to krakow from Edinburgh airport on Tuesday December 30th until Saturday 3rd January. We paid £400 each for this but will sell for £200 each. There are two tickets and an apartment booked (biskupia apartments). Phone 07795145589 if interested . Reason for selling is that we cannot go now .

Kodiak
26-Dec-14, 16:44
Who wouls pay for the change of name on the Tickets? This change of name can be very expensive and sometimes as much as the cost of the original tickets.

neelie
26-Dec-14, 18:52
I think it is £30 for a name change

Kodiak
26-Dec-14, 19:38
£30, you are jesting. The Travel Agent might charge £30 but the Airline will charge 10 times that. Have you not seen the complaints about the silly charges that Airlines charge for changing even a single letter on the Ticket, let alone a complete change. To change two Tickets over to two completely different people would be silly money. The airlines excuse is that this is due to security that they charge so much.

laguna2
26-Dec-14, 21:24
Short break to krakow from Edinburgh airport on Tuesday December 30th until Saturday 3rd January. We paid £400 each for this but will sell for £200 each. There are two tickets and an apartment booked (biskupia apartments). Phone 07795145589 if interested . Reason for selling is that we cannot go now .

Which airline are the tickets with?

neelie
26-Dec-14, 21:35
I sold a holiday to turkey 2 years ago . It cost £30 pp to change

laguna2
27-Dec-14, 10:17
Just checked and depending on airline used name change could be as much as £100 pp! So I will pass on this one

Kodiak
27-Dec-14, 21:10
I sold a holiday to turkey 2 years ago . It cost £30 pp to change

That was 2 years ago now it is all different. Have you not been watching Watchdog on the BBC. They have received loads of complaints about the cost of changing names on flight tickets. In most cases if you required a name change it was cheaper to buy new tickets than to change names on a ticket.

Kevin Milkins
27-Dec-14, 21:23
Cash strapped airlines have to use every dodge available to keep their planes in the air and selling the same seats twice is just one way of making that extra few quid. ( I am not condoning this as good practise)

Its traditional for people in the far North to complain about the cost of getting goods delivered, yet one of the biggest carriers has just gone belly up, what does it tell? Too many operators in an over crowded market.