PDA

View Full Version : Millionaires Shortbread

Froggie
28-Mar-07, 23:26
Could anyone out there help me with a fool proof recipe for millionaire shortbread. My mum has decided to look out her old trusted recipe but for some strange reason it doesn't taste as good anymore and she canna get the toffee to set. Please, please help as my craving is gettin out o control!!![evil]

erli
29-Mar-07, 09:51
I have the recipe my Grandmother used and it is perfect everytime.

BASE
8oz Plain Flour
4oz Margarine
2oz Sugar
Cream together margarine and suger, add flour and press into a greased baking tray. Bake at 180 C till lighty browned.

FILLING
1 Tin Condensed Milk
4oz Margarine
2oz Sugar
2 Tbsp Syrup
Melt all together gradually, stirring occasionally, bring to the boil slowly for 5 mins, stirring all the time. Remove from heat and beat well.

Allow to cool and cover with cooking chocoalte.

Just wanted to add that this is probably one of my most favourite treats and I have found this to be the tastiet recipe for millionaire shortberad. Miles or should I say a million times better than any I have bought. Enjoy! Just don't let the toffee burn.

Sandra_B
29-Mar-07, 12:39
That looks like the same recipe my Granny used. I must make some myself one of these days, the stuff you find in shops and cafes is very disappointing!

Froggie
29-Mar-07, 23:04
I'm sure my granny used mars bars in hers, but that was a long time ago and I didn't pay attention then, just ate the stuff....
Thanks for the recipe, guess what I am going to be doing this weekend:lol:

young
21-Jun-07, 12:11
going to make this at the weekend just wondering for the base and filling is it castor sugar that you use?