PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know?

stekar
28-Mar-07, 22:41
... why there has been aircraft noise late at night? There's not normally any aircraft, but two evenings this week we've heard what sounds like a large plane.

Just curious...

dirdyweeker
28-Mar-07, 22:51
there is a night exercise ongoing. All being controlled from an AWACS aircraft called a E3D. A big aircraft that has a radar on its roof. Caithness and Sutherland due to its flat bogged areas is ideal for the pilots who are training to go out to Iraq and Afghanistan. They have the firing range at Tain for them to fire there missiles, as at Cape Wrath. All the pilots I believe love it as they can fly really low. With no moon they also get to use their night goggles!! Should be finished soon.

MadPict
28-Mar-07, 22:51
It is the control aircraft for the Black Helicopters currently flying in the area.....

Froggie
28-Mar-07, 22:56
We are under one of the flight paths from Heathrow to the US of A, or at least we were when I flew over a few years ago. Sad that I had to get on the plane in Heathrow when they could have stopped in Wick on the way to pick me up!!!!:roll:

dirdyweeker
28-Mar-07, 22:57
We are under one of the flight paths from Heathrow to the US of A, or at least we were when I flew over a few years ago. Sad that I had to get on the plane in Heathrow when they could have stopped in Wick on the way to pick me up!!!!:roll:

yes but tonights aircraft are due to an exercise

stekar
28-Mar-07, 23:07
Thanks for the replies, thought someone would know on here!

j4bberw0ck
28-Mar-07, 23:10
It is the control aircraft for the Black Helicopters currently flying in the area.....

MadPict, it was nice knowing you. Having revealed the BH secret, you'll be banned from the Org, kidnapped, your house will disappear, aliens will operate on you and you'll eventually be returned to earth a mere husk, barely conscious of the day of the week, and controlled by microchips which are endlessly programmed and reprogrammed by the oil companies, big pharma, and Mossad.

I'll be watching closely for tonal variances, grammar changes and other signs you were taken over.........

Bill Fernie
28-Mar-07, 23:40
Wick is not yet on Local Live so we cannot see the satellite photos yet.

Anyway check the photos on this place out.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/10/14/google_earth_competition_results/

cuddlepop
29-Mar-07, 15:15
The aircraft were over here too lastnight.It was after 10pm and what a racket the young in thought we'd declared war on Iran.:eek:

j4bberw0ck
29-Mar-07, 16:19
Anyway check the photos on this place out.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/10/14/google_earth_competition_results/

I have, and defiantly wear, my Register "Black Helicopters" t-shirt. Just tempting fate, you understand.......:lol:

MadPict
29-Mar-07, 17:05
...returned to earth a mere husk, barely conscious of the day of the week...

Sounds like my state now...:D

But watch for my disappearance.......

And here is a guide to the little chaps....

http://www.ravenglass.org/BlackHelicopter.htm