PDA

View Full Version : Yodel couriers/ asco

andyw
17-Dec-14, 12:08
Paid extra for quick postage on the 5th December to find Yodel delivering it, arrived at Yodel Inverness on the 12th Dec, 17th December still waiting delivery waiting for Asco to deliver it from Scrabster could be be today maybe live in hope ???
http://tracking.yodel.co.uk/images/logo.jpg

Return to Parcel Tracking Index
Make Another Enquiry
Go Back

Parcel History

Historical status information for Parcel Number JD00 022 5

Status
Date
Time
Signatory
Branch
Comments

Arrived At Depot
12/12/14
13:28

INVERNESS SERVICE CENTRE (YODEL)

Arrived At Depot
11/12/14
15:25

SHAW HUB

Departed Depot
05/12/14
15:19

PETERBOROUGH SERVICE CENTRE

Parcel data received awaiting coll.
05/12/14

PETERBOROUGH SERVICE CENTRE

Yodel Delivery Network Limited. Registered Office: Seco

scorrie
17-Dec-14, 13:18
I am still waiting on a parcel from Yodel that has been lying in Inverness for five days. I also got an email from a company who were pleased to tell me Yodel had delivered my package yesterday. I checked the Yodel website and, indeed, they claim to have delivered it. Only problem is they didn't and we were in all day yesterday. Now we don't know if they have told porkies about delivering it or if it went to the wrong address.

A shambolic company and Herpes are just as bad.

Scunner
17-Dec-14, 14:44
Still waiting for a parcel, ordered 6 dec- usually takes 3 days at most - ba humbug

Birons
17-Dec-14, 15:19
I have been lucky with deliveries, both postal and pallet, however getting pallets to the shop is becoming incredibly difficult.
We have been waiting on one pallet from Shropshire and one from Edinburgh and the cable layers have decided to set up stall on Bridge Street and cause chaos, but I have to take my hat off to both drivers, one of them pulled a three quarter ton pallet from down by Shearer's in Market Place and the other one pulled a half ton pallet from around by Harold the butcher.

Mik.M.
17-Dec-14, 16:20
Yet the baker who delivers to the cafe and the convenience store has to park right outsde on the bloody lights to carry the heavy bakery products,lazy git.

starfish
17-Dec-14, 16:21
i sent 3 parcel with ajg at about 1.30pm on moday and they were delivered at 8.00am this morning in norfolk and at a good price well pleased with their service

YummyMummy
17-Dec-14, 16:54
AJG are brilliant. First class service every time. If only other couriers delivered as good a service as they do.
I waited an age for a delivery a couple of weeks ago and on chasing it, was told it was "out for delivery by Yodel Express". It was coming to Thurso. It never did arrive, so I called the company (Morplan) and they advised delivery was made and that I "refused delivery" and it had been returned to the company! When I said I usually expected next day delivery/same day dispatch as was always the case with Morplan, the woman I spoke with said that since changing their carrier (to Yodel) they have had no end of complaints.
Perhaps these companies will come to realise that these couriers are costing them dear and they may revert back to their more reliable ones. Here's hoping....I actively avoid ordering where Yodel or Hermes is the courier when I can. Your heart sinks when you see either of those names on the dispatch notice.

Kodiak
17-Dec-14, 20:19
I am still waiting on a parcel from Yodel that has been lying in Inverness for five days. I also got an email from a company who were pleased to tell me Yodel had delivered my package yesterday. I checked the Yodel website and, indeed, they claim to have delivered it. Only problem is they didn't and we were in all day yesterday. Now we don't know if they have told porkies about delivering it or if it went to the wrong address.

A shambolic company and Hermes are just as bad.

If it says on the Yodel web page that your Item has been delivered, this does not mean it has been delivered to you.

What it means is that your Parcel has been handed over to Asco in Inverness. So hopefully you will receive your Parcel soon but delivered by Asco.

kriklah
18-Dec-14, 08:26
think alot of people are having problems with deliverys lately! have had alot of parcels from amazon arriving 4/5 days late this past couple of months, only seems to be since they started using Yodel, however i dont beleive Yodel themselves are the problem, apart from the fact that they hand over to ASCO at inverness! ASCO seem to be unable to deliver ontime!! if they cant find an address, or noone is in, it goes straight back to inverness, and having checked the tracking, one parcel i was expecting was back at the depo by 2.30pm, on a day i stayed in awaiting delivery!! i now have a rather blunt note stuck to my front door, requesting that "any parcel needing signature be left with a neigbour, rather than me wait another 5 days while it goes back down to inverness every day!" im expecting several parcels this week, so ill be interested to see if they pay attention!

Wiseowl
18-Dec-14, 16:13
Delivery up here can be infuriating sometimes! I phoned a well known clothing company recently to question the whereabouts of a parcel after I received a text on the Thursday saying it would arrive within 48 hours, only for it to still not be delivered by the Wednesday. I called customer services and they told me that they will give Hermes a call as sometimes 'we just need to give them a nudge and they will deliver it immediately'.. lo and behold, the parcel arrived hours after this call. Funny that! Makes you wonder how long the driver has it before they can be bothered to deliver it!

scorrie
19-Dec-14, 12:30
If it says on the Yodel web page that your Item has been delivered, this does not mean it has been delivered to you.

What it means is that your Parcel has been handed over to Asco in Inverness. So hopefully you will receive your Parcel soon but delivered by Asco.

Thanks for that Kodiak, but if a company says on their website that an item has been delivered it is not appropriate when the parcel still has a long way still to travel. One of my items that had been marked as delivered arrived a couple of days later, delivered by Derrick Shearer's van, a company I have never had deliver a parcel to me before.

Another one of my parcels that has apparently been delivered, according to the website, has still to arrive. Worryingly, they claim that the item was signed for, which is either lies or they have delivered it to an incorrect address.

I have come to realise that sometimes the parcels are classed as delivered once they reach Inverness but the people sending the items are taking it as gospel that you have received the package. I think it would be more appropriate for Yodel, or whoever, to mark the the status as "Passed to local courier" rather than "Delivered" once the company who will actually deliver the item, has received it.

buzzbee
19-Dec-14, 13:15
Still waiting for a parcel ...... that was apparently delivered on the 10th........stroll on!

andyw
19-Dec-14, 19:22
Asco Scrabster Phone Number (number removed as it refers to a different section of the company and not parcel delivery per Scrabster section - Admin) Got my parcel deliverd on 17th in the end

Billy Boy
09-Jan-15, 19:00
I am surprised that this company is still in Business, I have been told that my parcel has been delivered and when I told them it most certainly had not they said it wasn't their problem and I should take it up with my supplier, well no I shouldn't, someone has obviously signed for it and If I can eventually get a copy of the signature I will be going to the Police as there had obviously been Fraud committed.

Loafer
10-Jan-15, 11:58
I am baffled as to how Yodel are sill in business or indeed why anyone or company uses them (unless they are ridiculously cheap). The number of times they say thay have delivered to us when they haven't is nothing short of scandalous. My wife uses Littlewoods and practically every delivery is late, yet on the Littlewoods websites says delivered. A lot of OU students across the country didn't receive books by them, yet they were "delivered". AJG are great by the way!

The Loafer

weeker2014
10-Jan-15, 18:32
I am baffled as to how Yodel are sill in business or indeed why anyone or company uses them (unless they are ridiculously cheap). The number of times they say thay have delivered to us when they haven't is nothing short of scandalous. My wife uses Littlewoods and practically every delivery is late, yet on the Littlewoods websites says delivered. A lot of OU students across the country didn't receive books by them, yet they were "delivered". AJG are great by the way!

The Loafer

Its not Yodel that is the problem, it is ASCO, their local courier. I have used Yodel a lot when living away, as well as using them to deliver for my business and have very rarely had any issue with them. Since moving back up here, everything with Yodel goes fine until it hits Inverness and the minute it goes to ASCO as their local courier it all goes VERY VERY wrong.

I agree AJG are brilliant and, touch wood, I have never had an issue with them. The best resolution is for companies to use AJG as their local courier and not yahoos like ASCO.

scorrie
10-Jan-15, 18:42
The Saturday before Christmas the ASCO van arrived at my door mid afternoon with a Parcel. Late that same evening the same guy was back with another Parcel from the same van load.

The obvious question has to be why he couldn't have delivered the same two parcels at the same time when he first arrived?

It must be very poor efficiency of time, to have to visit the same location twice on separate occasions on the same day. It is no wonder other people are waiting a long time for delivery, when the driver is back-tracking on his route.

You get the feeling that more time spent loading the van and grouping the parcels would have benefits in avoiding embarrassing cock-ups, which expend more time than would have been spent on logical preparation when loading up.

Somewhat unbelievably, the same guy was knocking our door on Sunday morning, with a third parcel from the same van load as Saturday. Words fail really.