PDA

View Full Version : No Voters

piratelassie
16-Dec-14, 14:22
I wrote some time ago concerning the cost of repairing Westminster Palace. It seems there are serious plans afoot to go ahead at a cost of billions, but thanks to the no voters we will now be saddled with this enormous bill. They can also be thanked for the retention of the House of Lords which in 2014 is a disgrace because it is undemocratic and incidently costs £300 per day per Lord in attendance money. Once again a big thanks.

sids
16-Dec-14, 14:31
What happened to the special forum for referendum-related claptrap?

Gronnuck
16-Dec-14, 15:50
Estimates for the refurbishment of the palace of Westminster is currently £3 Billion, no doubt that will escalate massively over time. Sadly a replacement like the rebuild in Wick is only for plebs, our grubbiement will insist on maintaining the 'mother of parliaments' regardless of cost. But hey-ho we haven't got anything else to do with our hard earned money have we!

davth
16-Dec-14, 19:52
I wrote some time ago concerning the cost of repairing Westminster Palace. It seems there are serious plans afoot to go ahead at a cost of billions, but thanks to the no voters we will now be saddled with this enormous bill. They can also be thanked for the retention of the House of Lords which in 2014 is a disgrace because it is undemocratic and incidently costs £300 per day per Lord in attendance money. Once again a big thanks.

http://youtu.be/udGTdbPJqXc

theone
17-Dec-14, 09:13
Estimates for the refurbishment of the palace of Westminster is currently £3 Billion, no doubt that will escalate massively over time. Sadly a replacement like the rebuild in Wick is only for plebs, our grubbiement will insist on maintaining the 'mother of parliaments' regardless of cost. But hey-ho we haven't got anything else to do with our hard earned money have we!

The Wick council offices cost £8 million to serve under 30 thousand people. £266 a head.

The Scottish Parliament cost £414 million to serve 5.3 million. £78 a head.

The palace of Westminster cost of £3 Billion to serve 64.1 million people. £47 a head.

Just saying.............

Green_not_greed
17-Dec-14, 13:51

Trying to distract us from the real issues I suspect. Its the SNP Government who are trying to downgrade Caithness General. That's a bit more relevant to e orgers I expect.

sids
17-Dec-14, 14:24
Trying to distract us from the real issues I suspect. Its the SNP Government who are trying to downgrade Caithness General. That's a bit more relevant to e orgers I expect.

Were the SNP not in power, a Holyrood government of a different stripe would be doing things we don't like.