PDA

View Full Version : Brand Beckham

colmac
26-Apr-05, 23:48
So.....what does everyone think about the Beckham's being denied their privacy because they live their life in the public eye and as the judge put it "The public deserves to know if their marriage is a sham."
Just because they are famous, surely they are entitled to SOME privacy? When I read that the Nanny was being allowed to tell her story in the News of the World even though she had signed a privacy agreement, I could just picture celebs around the world scurrying to their solicitors to try and tighten up their privacy clauses! I thought Nanny's were supposed to care about their charges, not try and mess up their lives after they are no longer employed by the family? It is the children that I feel sorry for, they haven't asked for any of the bad publicity this past year, yet they are the true victims. :(
I am not a fan of the Beckhams by any means, I just happen to feel sorry for them. They are being betrayed right left and centre this last year by former employees.

champagnebaby
27-Apr-05, 00:51
I agree with the judge. But maybe i'm biased cos i enjoy nothing more than some celebrity gossip.

I do feel sorry for them in a way but they're quick enough to flaunt themselves to the press. As Max Clifford said on Richard and Judy today - they use the press now the press are using them.

I wouldn't have agreed with the judge if this had come out before the Rebecca Loos scandal but the way Posh and David stood at that awards ceremony afterwards and painted on the happy faces and the way she was walking about smiling just changed my opinion of her totally, made me realise how fake she is. Whereas if she'd come out with no make-up, looking rough like any other normal person would have after their man'd had an affair i wouldo thought more of her.

doreenhedgehog
27-Apr-05, 10:06
If anything I feel sorry for him. She is a publicity seeking, talentless muppet with a face like a bulldog chewing a wasp. She's the one who tells the papers he wears her underwear and turns up for the opening of shops in a horse drawn carriage with some poor sick child in tow, then complains that the press keep hounding them. Well you can't have it both ways. I think he would quite happily live a quieter less public life, because he has his football. She craves publicity though as she has no talent and wants to feel like she has.

(In My Opinion :D )

katarina
27-Apr-05, 10:14
So.....what does everyone think about the Beckham's being denied their privacy because they live their life in the public eye and as the judge put it "The public deserves to know if their marriage is a sham."

Why on earth do the public deserve to know? If people who sign a confentiality agreement are allowed to break it 'because the public have a right to know' where will it stop? Regardless about what you think of the Beckhams, An agreement is an agreement and should be honoured.
It's hardly a case of national importance - what the beckhams get up to - who cares anyway?
There are a lot more important things that the public SHOULD know about but never will.

Smee2
27-Apr-05, 11:05
I agree with Katarina, if you sign a confidentiality agreement you should abide by it. Hope the money she's gonna make from selling her story is gonna go to a childrens charity.

squidge
27-Apr-05, 11:45
I wouldn't have agreed with the judge if this had come out before the Rebecca Loos scandal but the way Posh and David stood at that awards ceremony afterwards and painted on the happy faces and the way she was walking about smiling just changed my opinion of her totally, made me realise how fake she is. Whereas if she'd come out with no make-up, looking rough like any other normal person would have after their man'd had an affair i wouldo thought more of her.

What was she expected to do? Tell you what - if the world had said my husband was having an affair i would paint on a smile and look the best i possibly could - if i didnt they would only say - well what do you expect she looks TERRIBLE

Who cares enough to read about them

I dont I think their private life is their business and smug cows like rebecca loos are not worth newspaper space.

Zael
27-Apr-05, 12:34
Who are the Beckhams?

champagnebaby
27-Apr-05, 14:56
What was she expected to do?

Well i expected her to look at least a bit down in the dumps, say she knew he'd done wrong but was going to give him another chance cos she loves him and the sake of the kids etc, etc - not go parading around like she hasn't got a care in the world saying he didn't do anything wrong. But like i say it just goes to show how fake she is.

Or maybe she was just in total denial . . . . . . . . . . . which i doubt because like doreenhedgehog said she's nothing but a publicity seeker.

George Brims
27-Apr-05, 23:05
The Beckhams (especially Victoria) are high on my list of people who are so monumentally boring, I wish they would just shut up and go away. This won't happen of course as they are the kind of people whose whole existence seems to be based on grabbing as much attention as possible, and the media lap it up because that's easier than going out and finding some real news. Top of the list are Madonna and her chief wannabee, Britney Spears.

katarina
28-Apr-05, 08:21
Do what I do George, don't read about them, and switch channels when they come on the TV. I know nothing about their lives, and frankly I am not interested. This is why I'm am amazed in the staement 'the public have a right to know' What public is this? People whose lives are so dull and boring they have to enjoy wallowing in the dirty washing of elebrities?
The pulbic have a right to know when a peadophile moves into their area. They have a right to know why we went to war. Posh and Beckham? Yawn!!! [disgust]