PDA

View Full Version : Post Mortem results...

brandy
28-Mar-07, 20:09
hiya guys,
just thought we would let you know the end results.
You guys have been with me since the begining of my preg. so i thought that we could close this chapter together.
they ran every test they could think of,
viral, bacterial, chromosones, bloods, everything, all came back neg.
his autopsy didnt reveal anything either.
the only thing that they could find was that his blood sugars were high when he died.
whether that had anything to do with the steroids i recived a few days before or not, they just dont know.
my sugars shot up after the shots, but that was to be expected.. so it could be that his did too.. but as babies of diabetic mums tend to have a huge sugar drop post birth, its really hard to tell if this is normal or not.
all in all .. we know that he died quickly,
that he wasnt in any sort of distress..
that they have ruled out any abnormalities..
that it had nothing to do with Don or I.
that it wasnt anything viral or bacterial.
so at the end of the day we got the response that we were hoping for.
that things were ruled out, and that its not something that is likley to happen again.
we have decided to try again. but to leave it to about christmas time.
we talked today about getting preg again. the chances of this happening again. and basic care during preg.
the main thing is that my sugar is under super tight control before preg (which it was this time.. it stayed about an average of 5.5 the whole preg on my hba1c until 6th of feb where it jumped to 7.8)
i will take baby asprin just as a precaution.. be monitored like a hawk.. and be taken in early to be delived early..
again, thank you every one for all your wondeful support during this horrible time.
and yup.. you can all be there with me stressing and getting grey hairs when we try again!
all my love
brandy

cuddlepop
28-Mar-07, 20:12
Thank you for sharing that with us.
Maybe Tom just wasn't ready for this world yet and was called back.:)

justine
28-Mar-07, 20:32
hi brandy. i hope this has helped ease the pain for you....Good luck when you decide to try again..Take care justine:lol:

Piglet
28-Mar-07, 20:34
Hi Brandy

Thanks for sharing & remember Tom touched many lives in his short time here.
Good luck in trying, that's the fun bit :lol:

danc1ngwitch
28-Mar-07, 20:35
girl i think that both you and your hubbie are the bravest people.
Were you a diabetic before your pregnancy?
I wish you both all the very best, may the brightest angels smile upon you xxx

Victoria
28-Mar-07, 20:38
Hi Brandy,

I wish you and your other half the best of luck for next time round. Please let us know how its going (not that bit of it though - I think we can figure that out for ourselves!).

Much love

Victoria x

HomeFixit
28-Mar-07, 21:12
Although I'm new to the org I wanted to share my condolences. My baby, Abbey, died 8 years ago and it was the anniversary of her birthday last week so your post touches my heart. I remember so well the agony, the greiving and the waiting for answers. It is so hard - there are no words to describe how hard it is. You are very brave and very wise to try again. It took me 6 years before I plucked up the courage and everything went well.

In the memorial garden where my baby was buried there is a plaque:

"To all our babies: Briefly known, Forever loved".

Grieve well, for it is in grief that healing happens.

JAWS
28-Mar-07, 21:15
Brandy, some things are just not meant to be and you have just been through one of those things.
They have no reason, no explanation and make no real sense to anybody.
The only explanation I have ever been able to find is that happen simply because they happen.

I wish you much good luck in the future and hope that in time you have the baby you so obviously are wishing for. I doubt any baby would be able to find more caring parents anywhere.

DarkAngel
28-Mar-07, 21:45
Brandy..Im glad this have given you some comfort and i hope it easer the pain a little!
Well done for wanting to try again! Bless you all xxx

Alice in Blunderland
28-Mar-07, 22:01
Thanks for sharing that with us Brandy. Good luck with your future plans. :D

horseman
28-Mar-07, 22:15
All the best brandy, from all my tribe.

Angela
28-Mar-07, 22:17
Hope this gives you some sense of peace now brandy, and all the very best for the future. :)

lin
28-Mar-07, 22:29
Brandy, Tom touched many hearts here on the org. I hope the future goes well for you and your family.
I wish you all the best Brandy.

Sporran
30-Mar-07, 06:05
Brandy, glad to hear you and your husband got the response you were hoping for. I think it's a good idea that you wait a few months before trying again. Good luck when you do, and hope all goes well next time!

brokencross
30-Mar-07, 08:43
You sound a really lovely couple. Take good care of yourselves, best of the luck for the future, may all your dreams come true........(AND have fun trying to make them happen.)

Liz
30-Mar-07, 14:20
I am glad the Post Mortem gave the results you had hoped for and I hope this will give you much needed peace. Although you will always miss Thomas, at least you know it was no-one's fault.
He was just not meant for this world.

It is very brave of you to try again and I am sure we will all be with you every step of the way. Well not every step! lol

Take good care.

xxx

katarina
01-Apr-07, 20:23
a perfect little angel
sent from heaven above,
to fill you heart wth gladness
a little boy to love
but i guess the angels missed him
and who are we to doubt
the superior intelligence
who went and thought it out