PDA

View Full Version : Carpet Cleaner

cuddlepop
28-Mar-07, 20:07
Whats the best product for removing ingrained mud.Its a new carpet and have tried 1001,vanish stain remover,washing up liquid and the stain is still there.
Its driving me mad.:mad:

poppett
28-Mar-07, 22:55
I have a bex bissell upright carpet shampooer and it`s own brand shampoo has never let me down, it has even removed graphite grease from a wool carpet. It is in storage just now as we have just moved house, but after the fiasco last week with the suite delivery the brand new carpets are muddy. Hubby managed to get some of the marks out with liquid handsoap of all things, and not even an expensive one Lidl`s best 49p for 500ml. I only bought it cause the container matches the bathroom! He reckoned if it takes grass stains and mud off his hands when he`s been gardening it would be ok for carpets too. Best of luck.x

cuddlepop
29-Mar-07, 15:13
Thanks Poppett,that was awful what happened to you over your suite.
I'd be tempted to bill them for a proffessional clean.
Mud is so difficult to clean and i think I've rubbed it into the underlay ( the mark rises back up again.)
Swaffega is another product I'm tempted to try.If your hubby's thoery is right it should remove anything.;)

poppett
29-Mar-07, 16:45
Have you tried the liquid hand soap? As regards my suite fiasco.. Letter in for refund of haulage costs and professional carpet clean in hall or the carpet replaced.....will keep the orgers posted. If they don`t come up with a reasonable offer they have been warned they will be named and shamed.

poppett
29-Mar-07, 18:55
My sister in law swears by steaming to remove any stain from just about anything? I got a little hand held one free from a catalogue for an order last year, and it cleaned all the grime off the radiators and the kitchen cupboards of the house we are moving too. Didn`t have carpets to try it on though, but I see the possibility looming.......

cuddlepop
29-Mar-07, 21:47
Tried the liquid soap but its still there.If I'm not careful i'll ruin the pile so maybe the steam idea is a good one.:D