PDA

View Full Version : Mopeds. . . . . . . . a nuisance

gravedigga
25-Apr-05, 21:26
Is it just me who gets annoyed by the continuous stupid buzz of all the mopeds going around the town just now??

It's like a swarm of oversized bees on amphetamine!!!

Sooo annoying when there's 3 little boys sitting in front of you in the traffic lights making silly hand gestures to one another missing the green light and holding up the traffic!! [mad]

doll features
25-Apr-05, 23:07
Sooo annoying when there's 3 little boys sitting in front of you in the traffic lights making silly hand gestures to one another missing the green light and holding up the traffic!! [mad]

Yes i noticed this as well last night on my way through the town, 3 of them were too busy chatting to one another to watch the lights.

William
26-Apr-05, 10:04
Is this not the same every where, in cars and on bikes, when you first get a bike or car especially at a young age the only thing on your mind is to go out on/in it and see what it is like it will soon get boring for them and it will be over.

gravedigga
26-Apr-05, 17:05
Sooner the better.

They could pull in at the harbour or Geddes' if they want to speak that much - not at the front of the traffic lights.

Rheghead
26-Apr-05, 18:39
I actually condone that young people get a moped or motorbike before getting a car. Firstly, a person is more vulnerable on 2 wheeled transport and less danger to other road users in terms of potential crash risk. This leads me to the opinion that bikes are a perfect platform for people to learn roadcraft at minimal risk to others and therefore their users make better car drivers later on in life.

MadPict
26-Apr-05, 19:01
Ahhhh, the strident sound of roaring 50cc engines echoing around the streets of Wick. Somethings, like diamonds it seems, are forever....

I recall many years ago the big thing in Wick was the Yamaha FS 1 - the Fizzie - and how they could be heard doing the circuit of the town, before they closed off the Market Square.
I guess they now use the modern variant of the scooter...

KitKat
26-Apr-05, 19:02
Ah gravedigga, were you never young..........

2little2late
26-Apr-05, 20:25

Yes, it's called a puff (as in poof) chariot. [lol] [lol] [lol]

champagnebaby
26-Apr-05, 23:08

Yes, it's called a puff (as in poof) chariot. [lol] [lol] [lol]

LOL

Very appropriate [lol]

kev
27-Apr-05, 18:18
theres is nothing wrong with mopeds ppl they r great fun where all u old ppl have never got 2 do something like it all u do is go out on ur banged up cars that make screeching noises and hardly move 2 feet so shut up and leave us biker gang alone OK!!!!!!!

also i have 1 so if u have anything 2 say say it 2 me and the biker gang.!!!!!!!

webmannie
27-Apr-05, 18:54
biker gang, you jest?

sooped up lawnmower gang more lek

nicnak
27-Apr-05, 19:14
I was really annoyed by this post do you people who are objecting realise that this is the youngsters first taste of the open road, I agree that they should not hold the traffic up but I'd far rather have mopeds around the town than the stupid speedfreeks flying around in their cars, now not are they only annoying but down right dangerous! My son has just turned 16 and got his first road bike and yes it is a moped but he has worked part time and continues to do so to pay for this bike so I imagine that alot of the other moped riders are in the same boat so lets not put them down lets encourage them afterall they are the road users of the future!

MadPict
27-Apr-05, 20:22
Biker Gang Dude - not all of us old ppl have "banged up cars that make screeching noises and hardly move 2 feet" .....
Chill out, some folk here are actually on your side - well were, you just alienated your supporters with the "also i have 1 so if u have anything 2 say say it 2 me and the biker gang.!!!!!!!" retort. :roll:

2little2late
27-Apr-05, 20:55
theres is nothing wrong with mopeds ppl they r great fun where all u old ppl have never got 2 do something like it all u do is go out on ur banged up cars that make screeching noises and hardly move 2 feet so shut up and leave us biker gang alone OK!!!!!!!

also i have 1 so if u have anything 2 say say it 2 me and the biker gang.!!!!!!!

When your scooter gives up the ghost let me know, my wife needs a new motor for her hairdrier. [lol] [lol]

gravedigga
27-Apr-05, 23:00

Biker gang, LOL LOL :lol: [lol] That's the funniest thing i've heard this week!!

You need to get a bike before you can be classed as a biker!!!

Smee2
28-Apr-05, 16:04
"Biker Gang" :eek:

Watch oot Reiss Beach will become another Brighton

Who are ye gonna support.............Mods :cool: ..............or a Rockers :evil

MadPict
28-Apr-05, 21:39
Would the Caithness equivalent to Mods v Rockers be " Tea ‘n a Bowlies" v "Dirty Weekers"?.......

DannyThe Manny
28-Apr-05, 23:43
Don't mock the scooter boys. If you'd ever seen the film Quadrophenia, you'd have seen them run a rocker on a BSA 650 off the road. Of course, in the film, some of the mods wore trainers and there was an InterCity 125 train (from the late 70's) in the background at one time. But it was shown at the Picture House in Thurso, so it must have been true.

~~Tides~~
29-Apr-05, 16:52
Sorry Kev, i have to agree with all the awld fouwk. I think they are a pain in the 'rse. Or ears even. Although one drove past me yesterday and it sounded lovely, hardly a sound of ot, like the real Itallian ones.

lassieinfife
29-Apr-05, 16:55
i think they sound like deranged bumble bee's [lol]

figgy
15-Nov-05, 15:02
I think that mopeds are more often than not a nuisance too. They are useful to get around the town in, I suppose, but I don't think they are fit for the main road because they are underpowered and not easily visible.

krieve
15-Nov-05, 15:51
my hairdryer make more noise hahaha bicker gang more like hairdryer gang

cezzy1234
15-Nov-05, 19:10
hi mopeds are much more afichient than cars plus they are much cheeper to run not every one can aford a car you know we are not flooding in monney i like my moped and it all i can drive and it is the best thing i have had so stop being so mean if you can have cars why can we have bikes

krieve
15-Nov-05, 23:08
hi sorry i was joking i don't really have a problem with mopeds apart from when one nearly went in to the back of my mans car it's fine if u don't have two young kids. They maybe cheap to run but it might be a bit of a problem trying to fit the 4 of us on it.I think i will stick with the car don't think i could fit a week's shopping under the seat. hehehe

Doleve
16-Nov-05, 14:48
There appears to be less of them flying about the town than last year. There was a gang of 5 or 6 in flying formation last year. At least they have insurance(or should have) unlike some of those idiots with horses they cannot control!And i do mean some, not all.
As said in earlier posts scooters(which most of them are nowadays) are puff chariots, unlike fs1e's, now there was a proper moped...... Big bore kit, big needle and jet, racing reeds, and a specs exhaust, 70mph bliss! Until it seized.
I suppose as long as they dont break any laws, and have insurance etc, they can run around the town all day and night as they wish.They dont bother me, unless one runs into me!!!