PDA

View Full Version : Tesco Wick cafe

Treud na Mara
03-Dec-14, 18:18
Is anyone else fed up with going to have a nice Costa coffe only to find that the machine is once again out of order or that the cafe has closed early ? Instant coffee is not what you expect at a Costa branded cafe.

Keyser_soze
03-Dec-14, 19:47
For a Tesco cafe , the Wick one is absolutely rank , I have been in the Ness , Aberdeen , Dundee & Perth cafes this calendar year & the Wick one is patheticly hopeless . the food is crap . I decided after 4 attempts of giving it a `chance` that i would not be back.

sids
03-Dec-14, 22:03
If they can't make coffee without a "Costa machine," can they be trusted to cook any sort of food?

gerry4
03-Dec-14, 22:44
tesco Wick has a Facebook page. Why not put the complaints on there. Companies don't like these types of comments on their pages

sids
03-Dec-14, 22:53
Why not put the complaints on there. Companies don't like these types of comments on their pages

We'd hate to upset them.

Southern-Gal
03-Dec-14, 22:56
Tesco cafe is not run by Tesco ;)

weeker2014
03-Dec-14, 23:00
Unless its an actual Costa, they all use the machine for continuity, you will see the machines everywhere, not just tesco and actually the machine makes some cracking coffee.

sids
04-Dec-14, 07:43
Unless its an actual Costa, they all use the machine for continuity, you will see the machines everywhere, not just tesco and actually the machine makes some cracking coffee.

That's great then.

So why are they selling instant coffee?

lumix3860
04-Dec-14, 10:49
at tesco yesterday went to have a costa not working so come out and did our shopping

lumix3860
04-Dec-14, 11:03
its not run by anybody by the sound of it ?

Kodiak
04-Dec-14, 12:08
I quite like Tesco in Wick but after so many times of being Disappointed with Their Cafe I have stopped going into it. Unless they improve greatly I will never have another coffee there.

Alrock
05-Dec-14, 08:35
Is anyone else fed up with going to have a nice Costa coffe only to find that the machine is once again out of order or that the cafe has closed early ? Instant coffee is not what you expect at a Costa branded cafe.

Must pay them a visit, a place that sells proper coffee & not that frothy super strong stuff sounds good to me....

I once asked for a proper coffee & got looked at as if I was strange so had to settle for tea instead.

Shaggy
05-Dec-14, 09:46
Must pay them a visit, a place that sells proper coffee & not that frothy super strong stuff sounds good to me....

I once asked for a proper coffee & got looked at as if I was strange so had to settle for tea instead.

can't beat a good old espresso Alrock, but as for Tesco Costa bomba crappucino, give it a miss!

gerry4
05-Dec-14, 14:41
After I posted on Tesco Wick's Facebook page about their coffee machine being broken + unhelpful staff in the cafe, Tesco posted this general response.

"TFDL Cafe within Tesco Wick would like to apologise for any inconvenience to customers caused by our Costa Coffee machine being out of order. As soon as it is fixed we will notify all customers
Thank you for your patience"

evie12
05-Dec-14, 18:14
Its nice to see there is so many nasty people out there, it makes me laugh how so many people have very little to do with their time than slate somewhere over something that is clearly outwith their control, as a regular to the cafe I find the staff very friendly & very helpful & would certainly not say the establishment is rank unlike some, you really need to get a grip & for some people who have commented on this post coffee is spelt with two ee's not one or three, some people need to grow up!!!

sids
05-Dec-14, 19:04
coffee is spelt with two ee's

That's coffeeee.

Shaggy
05-Dec-14, 19:15
Its nice to see there is so many nasty people out there, it makes me laugh how so many people have very little to do with their time than slate somewhere over something that is clearly outwith their control, as a regular to the cafe I find the staff very friendly & very helpful & would certainly not say the establishment is rank unlike some, you really need to get a grip & for some people who have commented on this post coffee is spelt with two ee's not one or three, some people need to grow up!!!

Makes me laugh when people who have so little to do with their time that they come onto the org and moan about people who are moaning about other people then twist the knife by slating their grammar. The Org is far better than some of the comedy shows on TV at the moment so all we need is less censorship and more mouthing off and i'll have no need to watch TV at all and i'll get all my entertainment off the org!! Bring it on!!

evie12
05-Dec-14, 19:44
Everyone is entitled to an opinion & that is mine, I find it rather funny how something so miniscule can turn into something so nasty its a bloody coffee machine they break from time to time get over it, the way people are acting is if its the end of the world I'm sure the machine will be fixed in due course & its the case of if you dont like the service you've received dont go back simple...

starfish
05-Dec-14, 21:40
some people just like moaning that the nature of humans what ever the subject. i have always found the staff helpful thats in the cafe and tesco its self

weeker2014
05-Dec-14, 23:12
Evie i'm sure they are sorry to be slating your work. For someone brand new with only 4 posts under their belt, 2 of which are on this thread, I find the general aim of your message berating people for moaning so much on the org quite suspect to say the least. I for one don't give 2 hoots about the coffee machine, as have Costa at home, http://www.costa.co.uk/menu/costa-at-home/ if anyone is interested, but I do give a hoot about the terrible service and quite abysmal food which is served in the cafe.

Here's hoping it will all be sorted out soon!!

Fran
06-Dec-14, 00:11
Z why do they close so early? They could learn a lot from the breast cafe in morrisons

evie12
06-Dec-14, 00:20
I'd love to know why you assume I actually work there as im afraid I actually don't, I have however gotten to know the staff very well through regular visits to the cafe & find it quite digraceful how some of these posts are actually directed at them through something that is clearly out of their control & as for the new member comment I have been a member on here on several occassions but removed myself as I got sick of seeing people slating others from behind a computer screen, this was actually topic of conversation over dinner with friends last night so I thought I'd come on & see what all the fuss was about, excuse me for actually wanting to defend people I've actually gotten to know it's called building good rapour with people some people have it & some clearly don't.

Kenn
06-Dec-14, 01:40
STREWTH folk do we have nothing better to get riled about than a broken coffee machine at Tesco's?

sids
06-Dec-14, 10:40
Z why do they close so early? They could learn a lot from the breast cafe in morrisons

Is that just a normal cafe?

Moonboots
06-Dec-14, 10:42
Back to the same old thing on .Org - Moaning/Complaints. I wish they should just close the forum down if this is all what appears to be on this nowadays.

What happened to the good old banter on it!!!

A coffee machine breaks down - oh well we must have a moan about it. Things break and we have all experienced it. When living in Caithness we expect it to be down for a good while as it usually takes ages for an engineer to come up and fix it even though we have experienced engineers in our area.

sids
06-Dec-14, 10:43
People who moan about the forum!

RUNT
06-Dec-14, 14:08
I love the Costa cafe in Wick, it is what it is. A convenient place to get a quick coffee.

Plus they do great cake!!

weeker2014
06-Dec-14, 23:17
Nothing to do with the area. I have had Costa machines for work before and if they need parts they take ages to replace regardless of your location. Have to say the Breast Cafe intrigues me Fran :-)

sids
07-Dec-14, 11:26
Have to say the Breast Cafe intrigues me Fran :-)

Yes, I thought it would curdle in a hot drink.

2little2late
12-Dec-14, 19:50
Tesco cafe is all microwave food anyway.

Fran
14-Dec-14, 01:31
I was in today and the coffee machines are still not working but got a coffee and tea for £1 each

Fran
14-Dec-14, 01:33
I was in today and the coffee machines were still not working. However I got a tea and a coffee for £1 each

weeker123
14-Dec-14, 07:54
AndAnd so is wetherspoons microwave food so what !!!!!!!!!! Tesco cafe does a lovely coffee best coffee in town I'd say

rich62_uk
17-Dec-14, 04:02
If you have a problem with them why not tell them ?

Coming on here hiding behind a name and slagging people and broken coffee machines off is cowardly in my opinion !

The people are always friendly and helpful I find and have been going there since it opened.

Some people need to get a life.....

sids
17-Dec-14, 11:51
If you have a problem with them why not tell them ?

Coming on here hiding behind a name and slagging people and broken coffee machines off is cowardly in my opinion !

What- bravely tell them the coffee machine was broken?

But they already told Treud na Mara that.