PDA

View Full Version : The odd, weird, coincidental and the downright strange.

Rheghead
25-Apr-05, 18:41
Yesterday evening, i finished from work and decided that my wife and I go for a picnic out west. On the way there she was telling me about a dream that she had involving whales. As always with these conversations, I was only half listening. We got as far as Tongue and had our pieces and coffee (i had a beer).
On the way back, we passed through Coldbackie and I saw their idyllic beach,drenched in evening sunlight so I suggested a walk. My wife was still going on about her dream.
As soon as we got onto the beach, what did my wife find but a WHALE BONE!! A massive rib measuring about 4 feet long. Coincidence or what?

About 6 years ago, I left my home town of Ulverston to live in a village called Kirkby-in-Furness 5 miles out of town, as I am a home boy that was a big flit for me at the time. Every Monday after work, my wife and I would drive to my mother's for our tea, regular as clockwork. One Monday, about 5pm, we drove along our usual route through a country lane when I saw something glowing in the hedgerow. I sort of slowed down to take a better look at it. Lo and behold but I saw a FAIRY!!! It had all the usual features that a fairy should have, wings, glowing body, human head and body etc.
I then sped on and thinking 'I should not disturb the fairy!' and kept silent about it.(in shock)
I got about a half mile down the lane and my wife turned to me and said "I honestly thought I saw a fairy back there"!!!!

Hey, work that one out and does anyone else have similiar stories?

katarina
25-Apr-05, 18:49
I already put a story on the net and got shot down in flames. But I do find FAIRIES hard to swallow.....

The Pepsi Challenge
25-Apr-05, 19:13
I already put a story on the net and got shot down in flames. But I do find FAIRIES hard to swallow.....

I suggest reading Tales Of The North Coast by Alan Temperly... then exploring up west.

As for Fairies: I firmly believe fairy folk were a race of perfectly proportioned people (usually standing as tall as a ruler) who were shunned by society, thus retreating to Brochs and riverside Delta's. There's one unique tale - I covered it at the Edinburgh Festival - where an Irish "fairy" is taken away from her family and put in a circus in London. She dies, sadly, and has her bones stolen (from her family again) and put on exhibition. A truly moving tale performed by puppets and humans using masks. If I can remember the name of it, I'll let you know.

weeboyagee
25-Apr-05, 19:48
[lol] FAIRIES????? :eek: You been taking too much Vino-el-plojo to your picnics me thinks Rheghead!! Heh-heh :lol: And I thought when I put a tooth under my pillow when I was a kid that it was my maw and paw that took it when I was asleep and replaced it with 50p :p

katarina
25-Apr-05, 20:17
My cousin had a fight with a monster on Loch Morar. He was on telly and everything. Knowing the kind og guy he is - I believe him.

zappster
25-Apr-05, 21:02
But I do find FAIRIES hard to swallow.....
lol personally I pick the bones out & have them with toast :D

jjc
25-Apr-05, 22:27
The ‘supernatural’? No. The ‘as yet unexplained’? Yes.

We discover new things about our world every day – who’s to say that tomorrow won’t bring with it the explanation for second sight or poltergeists… maybe even fairies?

katarina
26-Apr-05, 09:57
I didn't know fairies 'glowed'. Of course she may have flown in from Sandside beach....

neepnipper
26-Apr-05, 10:21
I woke up one morning feeling really down, I mean like the weight of the world was on my shoulders. I'd had a really vivid dream about a blond women who had died and loads of people being sad. I put on the TV and Princess Diana had died, I wasn't even special fan of hers. Weird.

Also I woke up in the middle of the night once because I had felt my cat jump on the bed and heard it purring, the cat wasn't allowed in the bedroom so I went to shoo him away and there was nothing there. Next morning my cat wasn't around so called him, my neighbour then came over and told me she had seen him, he had been run over and killed in the night.

ColonelSmee
26-Apr-05, 11:49
Rheghead what were you partaking in that you saw fairies tell me as I want to see them too, the flying pigs are getting boring. :evil :D

katarina
26-Apr-05, 12:25
Rheghead what were you partaking in that you saw fairies tell me as I want to see them too, the flying pigs are getting boring. :evil :D

And what about the pink elephants?
Seriously tho, are you sure, rheghead, that it was a fairy? I mean he might have just been a bit confused about his sexuality.

Rheghead
26-Apr-05, 12:57

Well, i wasn't on anything and my missus certainly wasn't. Two independent witnesses?

Neepnipper, those were 2 weird stories, something is definitiely going on.

There can be a few explanations for the weird stuff. We are making it up either intentionally, unintentionally ie trick of the brain and senses. Or there is actually weird stuff out there or I am living in a Matrix or some sort of Truman story where the director or Creator likes to play tricks on me. [para] [disgust]

weeboyagee
26-Apr-05, 13:58
Right,...that does it [disgust] I am going to partake of a wee sensation tonight and re-read this thread 'cause I'm absolutely convinced Rhegie that you have been partaking too much of the uisge-beatha! Maybe by then I'll be seeing them too!! ;) I'm sure fairies (if they exist) don't glow - if they did Parkhead would be illuminated on a Saturday! :D

Highland Laddie
26-Apr-05, 14:09
Standing to close to the chemicals again m8.

katarina
26-Apr-05, 18:18
I've just had a close encouter with the spirits. Unfortunately we were out of gin so I had to revert to Bacardi and coke. But I did honestly, honestly live once in a haunted house. If you want I'll tell you all about it.

Lou18
27-Apr-05, 08:52
I'd like to hear about it....

©Amethyst
27-Apr-05, 13:55
Those who've met me IRL would tell you I'm tiny - well... now you've gone and blown my cover, Rheghead! Might as well unfurl my wings for me and pick out a flaty dress for me to wear... got loads to choose from! ;)

lassieinfife
29-Apr-05, 17:05
To much out there that we do not understand so we should keep open minds towards the supernatural or unexplained

:lol:

EDDIE
29-Apr-05, 17:31
I believe in that were not the only plant with life on it imagine when you go up to space were does it end if it ever ends and if you travel say 30 years in one direction at say in star treck terms say warp30 i reckon u would meet another civilization and more than likely more advanced than we are but to say we are the only living people with a plant i think were kidding ourselves.
And yes im star treck fan

The Pepsi Challenge
29-Apr-05, 18:39
To much out there that we do not understand so we should keep open minds towards the supernatural or unexplained

:lol:

Exactly. Maybe there's a slim chance we don't know it all. Same goes with UFO's and 'little green men' - who's to say there isn't such thing as an intelligent liquid or gas.

golach
29-Apr-05, 20:24
Rheghead, have you been at the "Atomic Mushrooms" again? I have heard they can be found around the way o Dounreay

Golach

Rheghead
30-Apr-05, 00:09
Rheghead, have you been at the "Atomic Mushrooms" again? I have heard they can be found around the way o Dounreay

Golach

Again golach you have miss read my posts. Maybe i should have made it more plain for general consumption.

It was 6 years ago that i saw the fairy, I didn't live here then...

doreenhedgehog
30-Apr-05, 09:51
I then sped on and thinking 'I should not disturb the fairy!' and kept silent about it

You saw a fairy that glows in the dark flying around a bush and you NEVER stopped :eek:

Oh Dear. Some story. It almost makes the people who think they can see ghosts seem sane!

©Amethyst
30-Apr-05, 10:49
Oh Dear. Some story. It almost makes the people who think they can see ghosts seem sane!

Hey, don't diss the supernatural so easily.

I mean, what if some have second sight and, well, obviously you don't along with so many others that say they don't see ghosts.

As for an intelligent life form 'out there' - well, if they are out there, they're certainly intelligent enough not to contact us. After all, with so many closed-minded people around...

Whitewater
30-Apr-05, 13:43
Rheghead, I had a wee chuckle to myself when I read your post. However, it brought back memories of an unexplained incident with my older brother many years ago.

He was out walking his dog as usual just before going to bed, (This happened in the Thurso East area) when the dog suddenly came to a halt and began to howl, on investigating my brother said he saw a fairy that appeared to be terrified of the dog so he picked it up on the palm of his hand and set it on top of a bush.

Of course when he recounted this story to us all we all had a good laugh and asked him what he was on at the time.

I was then talking to one of my well read friends about this and he loaned me a book which went into detail and explaination about all sorts of supernatural phenomenon which had been observed throughout Scotland at different times. I will get the title of this book for you and I will post it in the forum

Setanta
01-May-05, 04:36
:) He he lay off the fly away imagination. Its all in a part of your brain that’s got little to do.
People who are very close to each other can share brain patterns and thoughts that would explain both of you seeing fairies. Or maybe you were both seeing the same washing up liquid. :lol:

Whitewater
01-May-05, 20:35
Rheghead, as promised I now have a couple of book titles for you, but I made a mistake when I said it was about Scotland it is actually northern England.

The book is called "Fairies at Work and Play" by Geoffrey Hudson, I'm also aware of another book by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle entitled "The Coming of the Fairies" which contains photographs but I have not seen a copy of it.

Perhaps you have some latent clairvoyant talent :cool:

The Pepsi Challenge
01-May-05, 20:59
One of Scotland's most highly regarded geologist's and botanist's, Robert Dick, believed in fairies. I remember reading one of his lengthy books once, where, albeit only one page, touched on the existence of fairies (as I earlier described them as). Dick had invited a fellow botanist - I think it was the guy who drew many of the ink pictures in his book, many of which contained wonderful artistic impressions of Thurso - from England to Caithness, when one day, he took him along Holborn Head. Dick's friend, who was walking in front of Robert, heard him cry out (I'm paraphrasing) "damn those blighted fairies, always pulling at the hem of my trousers when I walk out this way." Dick's friend noted this outburst in the book, I believe. Something makes me want to believe it, too. The majority of us may not believe in their existence, however, sometimes it's better to believe the 'myth' and let your imagination wander.

Rheghead
01-May-05, 21:09
Rheghead, as promised I now have a couple of book titles for you, but I made a mistake when I said it was about Scotland it is actually northern England.

That is quite interesting. Ulverston is in the North of England, Cumbria in fact. As for the clairvoyant business, well, I once went to a clairvoyant exibition at a hotel in Bowness on Windermere. There, a lassie asked me what was my date of birth and she looked the date up in a reference book of hers and lo and behold but all the planets at the time of my birth were situated in the water constellations!! This meant nothing too me but she told me that the rare people who have this configuration at birth have clairvoyant powers. She gave me her telephone number and tried to persuade me to join the clairvoyant roadshow as an apprentice soothsayer!! I was sorely tempted as I was bored with my job at the time, in the end I never rang her back.

The Pepsi Challenge
01-May-05, 22:00

That is quite interesting. Ulverston is in the North of England, Cumbria in fact. As for the clairvoyant business, well, I once went to a clairvoyant exibition at a hotel in Bowness on Windermere. There, a lassie asked me what was my date of birth and she looked the date up in a reference book of hers and lo and behold but all the planets at the time of my birth were situated in the water constellations!! This meant nothing too me but she told me that the rare people who have this configuration at birth have clairvoyant powers. She gave me her telephone number and tried to persuade me to join the clairvoyant roadshow as an apprentice soothsayer!! I was sorely tempted as I was bored with my job at the time, in the end I never rang her back.

Interesting stuff. I, too, went along to a clairvoyant exhibition in Edinburgh a few years ago. A clairvoyant there said something similar about water constellations to me also - I don't think it was a recruitment ploy Rheg, so you're safe. But what disturbed me the most was that she said I had been reincarnated... that I was once a German plane gunner killed during WW2. That will explain my aryan looks then.

Donnie
02-May-05, 15:19
I believe in that were not the only plant with life on it imagine when you go up to space were does it end if it ever ends and if you travel say 30 years in one direction at say in star treck terms say warp30 i reckon u would meet another civilization and more than likely more advanced than we are but to say we are the only living people with a plant i think were kidding ourselves.
And yes im star treck fan

There is no Warp 30, when they achieved Warp 10 aka Transwarp they occupied every space at the same time. Um yeh i'm not a StarTrek fan....honest!

Rheghead
02-May-05, 15:22
There is no Warp 30, when they achieved Warp 10 aka Transwarp they occupied every space at the same time. Um yeh i'm not a StarTrek fan....honest!

Who was the first person to go to Warp 10? Sorry but I am a trekkie trivia fan!! ;)

Donnie
02-May-05, 15:25
Tom Paris was the first followed by Captain Janeway if I remember correctly.

Rheghead
02-May-05, 15:27
well done!! A quick response and you aren't a tekkie fan?

Donnie
02-May-05, 15:30
well done!! A quick response and you aren't a tekkie fan?

I was just joking, I am defiantly a ST fan, have been for as long as I can remember.

DrSzin
22-Jan-06, 13:51
This is the "supernatural" poll I referred to in a recent post on the Astrology thread. Rather than creating a new poll, I thought I'd bring this one back to the top. We have a lot of new members, let's see what they think.

Sandra
22-Jan-06, 14:13
Apparantly I've already voted in this poll, but I can't remember doing so!!!

I believe I've had an encounter with the supernatural. When I was a young girl living in the countryside, me and my friends used to go to a local wild orchard to pick the apples.

One day me, my sister and a friend were on our way to the orchard, when we saw two different coloured 'figures' floating above the trees. We honestly thought they were ghosts and ran away screaming. To do this day I still think they were ghosts of some sort.

rich62_uk
22-Jan-06, 14:14
Dreams can come true, I haven't seen ghost or fairy's though. Trish

paris
22-Jan-06, 14:23
Many years ago now after having 2 sons, my hubby went for the chop. I was a policeman's nanny at the time to a newborn. One day i said to hubby about having a reversal ( i was getting broody )but he was having none of it. anyway to cut a long story short he did have it reversed and i after 3 months became pregnant with our 3 child. A few friends were going to see a clairvoyant so i tagged along but at this stage didn't have the faintest idea i was expecting. when it was my turn to have a reading she said she could see a crib all in pink and a baby girl with dark hair and blue eyes and that this child idolised me. i never gave it a second thought but did wonder who i knew with a baby girl. i couldn't recall anyone but low and behold 3 weeks later i had to go to the Dr for something completely different which involved a sample of wee. 2 days later i got a call from the Dr's saying congratulations i was pregnant, and yes i had a daughter with dark hair and blue eyes. Now that's weird, how the hell did she know that???? this was 17yrs ago.

katarina
22-Jan-06, 14:32
I have had a reading from a clairvoyant and went sceptically out of curiosity. I was absolutely amazed at what she told me. there were things that she could not have possibly known and things about the future that have since come true.

There are more things in heaven and earth etc.etc.....

scrapydoo
22-Jan-06, 14:47
I think their is something out there one of my friends from school mother is a clairvoyant i have never had a reading done .I am tempted but scared in another way incase they tell me something i don't want to here.

DrSzin
22-Jan-06, 14:52
I've just been a-Googling. Had anyone heard of The British Clairvoyant Academy (http://www.psychics.co.uk/bca/)? Their Code of Conduct (http://www.psychics.co.uk/chat/code.html) is enlightening.

They're nowhere near as mad as I expected! :)

katarina
22-Jan-06, 14:53
I think their is something out there one of my friends from school mother is a clairvoyant i have never had a reading done .I am tempted but scared in another way incase they tell me something i don't want to here.

They wouldn't tell you anything bad. I must admit I used to be scared as well as sceptical. I went expecting her to draw information from me, but she looked past my shoulder at my 'aura' so she didn't even gauge my body language or reactions. It was so different to what I expected. I have been to others since, and do not take everything they say to heart, THAT I think can be dangerous. It's just.....INTERESTING, how often they get it right.
Makes you wonder.......

scrapydoo
22-Jan-06, 14:58
Maybe i will is there any up here.

crayola
22-Jan-06, 15:26
Maybe i will is there any up here.Yes, there's a wifie in Watten, but I'm told she's not as good as me. Not sure I believe it though.:confused:

crayola
22-Jan-06, 15:33
She's here (http://sites.ecosse.net/rosalind/).

It took me a wee while to find her. Google didn't help, but after a bit of deep thought (aka ESP), I came up with the goods. :)

I hope I have the right person.:eyes

ice box
22-Jan-06, 20:32
what a load of rubbish i dont think anyone can see into the future it's just a waste of money

phoenix
22-Jan-06, 21:41
The odd, the weird, coincidental and the downright strange...........is that not everyday life? Thats how mine is:RazzIs everyone elses not the same then:confused:

connieb19
22-Jan-06, 21:44
The odd, the weird, coincidental and the downright strange...........is that not everyday life? Thats how mine is:RazzIs everyone elses not the same then:confused:I think it's just us Weekers phoenix..lol;)

phoenix
22-Jan-06, 21:57
I think it's just us Weekers phoenix..lol;)

I always thought we were different from everyone else.........wonder why that is?:confused:

connieb19
22-Jan-06, 22:33
I always thought we were different from everyone else.........wonder why that is?:confused:LOl ... and I thought it was just me!! :Razz

phoenix
22-Jan-06, 23:20
LOl ... and I thought it was just me!! :Razz

Theres another 7 or 8 thousand of us in't there? Dont know what the population is in Week at the minute:confused: And then theres the born and bred that have moved away..........oops Ive forgot what this thread was about, oh thats right the odd, weird,coincidental and downright strange........ooops:confused who wants to be the same as everyone else anyway :Razz

Moira
22-Jan-06, 23:40
She's here (http://sites.ecosse.net/rosalind/).

It took me a wee while to find her. Google didn't help, but after a bit of deep thought (aka ESP), I came up with the goods. :)

I hope I have the right person.:eyes

I've already voted in this poll - so I'm in the majority then :D

Crayola - I'm confused - when you spoke of the "wifie in Watten" I thought you were referring to Maria (Lindsay?) who reads tarot cards & hands. Obviously not! Do you do readings too then?

phoenix
22-Jan-06, 23:45
See that that waas really weird, I was thinking the exactly same thing as connieb on that other thread..........Who is Rolf!:confused:Wonder how many other members thought that as well:confused:Downright weird that was:confused:

scotsboy
23-Jan-06, 09:13
What I find strange is that those who are totally dismissive of the existence of (a) God or Superior Being are willing to consider the supernatural (sic).