PDA

View Full Version : how do you stop unwanted pm's

justine
27-Mar-07, 20:46
hi there.just curious to see what the rules are about sending pm's that are nasty....I recieved one and i want to stop them....

Julia
27-Mar-07, 20:52
Personally I would forward it to one of the moderators

Rheghead
27-Mar-07, 20:52
You should copy and paste the contents and pm it to a moderator who will take appropriate action.

Colin Manson
27-Mar-07, 20:57
hi there.just curious to see what the rules are about sending pm's that are nasty....I recieved one and i want to stop them....

Forward it to me and I'll ban the person. That should stop it.

Angela
27-Mar-07, 20:58
I've just pm'd you about that justine! :D

Solus
27-Mar-07, 21:28
Or you can edit your profile settings to limit pm's from buddys and admin.

justine
27-Mar-07, 21:34
cheers.managed to edit my lists.thanks to all..

George Brims
28-Mar-07, 01:54
Sorry Justine. There is nothing you can do to prevent pms. You and yours will just have to patient until you hit menopause.

henry20
28-Mar-07, 08:35
cheers.managed to edit my lists.thanks to all..

I would be reluctant to edit your list Justine, you may miss some genuinly nice PM's. I have had some unexpected PM's in my time that have raised a smile or two and I'd hate to miss them because of 1 individual that has nothing better to do than be nasty.

sweetpea
28-Mar-07, 08:53
I have had a similar problem but stupidly deleted most of them but I did send one to the moderators a couple of weeks ago but it hasn't made a difference. I have put them on my ignore list. But of course there are other ways someone can get at you on here if they want to.

justine
28-Mar-07, 09:18
but thats it if they wantd to get to me i am not hard to find..The person in question is just narrow minded and has to hide behind a false name and pm's...They want to share there concerns why not air there views with the rest and we will discuss there pettiness in the open...but to show there TRUE COLOURS would just show howpettty minded and pathetic they are...I am not bothered about their opnions as i have heard it all before from people who think that i should not have so many kids, but hey i'm happy....

MadPict
28-Mar-07, 10:00
Justine,
Just forward it onto an Admin or Mod. If it is that 'nasty' the person deserves to be banned.

justine
28-Mar-07, 10:05
i think that the person should be banned for their ignorance and nastiness, but then they would just come back on under another assumed name....I totaly can not stand people who want to put across an opnion but have to do it through a pm as they cant say it out loud for fear of being banned......But i have wide shoulders and better brains....

cuddlepop
28-Mar-07, 10:05
I.m with Henry 20 on editing your list,dont as like herselve I've has some reassuring pm's from lovely people.
Just forward your pm to admin or you could copy and past and that way they'd be publically shamed.:Razz

justine
28-Mar-07, 10:11
i edited my list yesterday but have undone it now..You are all right why should i not recieve pm's from the good people and miss out on the fun times for the selfishness of a miniscule microscopic bacteria that happens to float around the org....I have had better luck getting rid of MRSA.....a much friendlier bacteria i think.....
Did think of publicly shaming them, but i am a better person and dont need to stoop so low....

danc1ngwitch
28-Mar-07, 19:20
i aint got no lists, i av never had any nasty pm's or mails.
I am sorry to hear that this does go on in here.

Piglet
28-Mar-07, 19:36
i aint got no lists, i av never had any nasty pm's or mails.
I am sorry to hear that this does go on in here.

There is probably lots of things that happen that we don't know about until it is brought to our attention.:roll: