PDA

View Full Version : Lidl in Thurso

poppett
27-Mar-07, 19:31
Today I shopped at Lidl in Thurso, not for the first time, but it was the first time it was an enjoyable experience. The staff were all cheerful and the guy on the checkout saw how stressed I was and helped by throwing the last few items in my carrier bag and apologised for his lack of bag packing skills....this in a shop which in the past I have had to handle the goods twice as often as necessary because they would not allow bag packing on the checkouts.
I have been spoiled in the past by shopping at Sainsbury`s who pack as they scan as a matter of course, so if the goods are well placed on the conveyor belt they end up in the right bags for unpacking at home. I have very short arms and can not use a big trolley in Lidl as I can not reach in to get the goods back out, so if you see someone with two wee trolleys it`s probably me. In Sainsbury`s they used to send an assistant to unload the trolley onto the conveyor, the equivalent of a Tesco bag packer in reverse, for me and that was very much appreciated.
Hope the new attitude in Lidl will continue.....with the well known brands sneaking in it could become the place to shop.....only thing missing is a toilet facility, especially for the folk who have to travel in from the West.

poppett
16-May-07, 16:50
Oh woe. My customer friendly check out operator in Lidl in Thurso is leaving to go back to the army!

Unfortunately he seems to be out on a limb where customer service and good manners is concerned. Today he offered me the chance to go back for an item I had forgotten....unheard of in that shop ever before. I did not take him up on his kind offer for fear of being lynched by the queue.

My shopping trip had started badly, being barged by a cage full of milk and my hand dripping blood, however I did leave the shop in better humour thanks to this VERY helpful guy.

Take care wherever you are and remember you are an asset to customers and will be sadly missed.