PDA

View Full Version : verry abrupt pushy oxfam door to door caller tonight scam maybe

transit
25-Nov-14, 22:03
10 to 9 the night sitting in my home bang goes the door so I open I t hi sir im from Oxfam then I get all the charity talk I told him my wife has already donated to few charity of her choice and that she is not in right now could u call back eh no im not here tomorrow ok I said well she wont be back til 10 would you like to call back then nah your prob waisting my time mate pardon yeah just giveme ure bank details and donate x amount per month sorry ill have to talk to my wife first and she has all he bakn details with her in her purse call her htells me get the details sorry cant I said I very suspicious I asked for his mobile number I don t have one he said getting grumpy I said are you stayin in wick tonight yes where and ill come down when she comes back nah its ok he said you don't want to donate do you eh no as there something wrong here you must have a bank statement he said I saidno the wife deal with all that stuff I said il do it online mate no reply off he went

sids
25-Nov-14, 22:49
Just shut the door, unless you enjoy the chat.

transit
26-Nov-14, 00:40
but thinking on old and vunreble

Alrock
26-Nov-14, 01:23
10 to 9 the night sitting in my home bang goes the door so I open I t hi sir im from Oxfam then I get all the charity talk I told him my wife has already donated to few charity of her choice and that she is not in right now could u call back eh no im not here tomorrow ok I said well she wont be back til 10 would you like to call back then nah your prob waisting my time mate pardon yeah just giveme ure bank details and donate x amount per month sorry ill have to talk to my wife first and she has all he bakn details with her in her purse call her htells me get the details sorry cant I said I very suspicious I asked for his mobile number I don t have one he said getting grumpy I said are you stayin in wick tonight yes where and ill come down when she comes back nah its ok he said you don't want to donate do you eh no as there something wrong here you must have a bank statement he said I saidno the wife deal with all that stuff I said il do it online mate no reply off he went

Ehhh!!!

Could you write in English please?

cesare
26-Nov-14, 01:53
Ehhh!!!

Could you write in English please?

awk theres always one:roll: , i understood him must be a caithness thing?:eek:
anyway back ON topic:lol:

Dodgey to say the least dont trust any door knockers cant go wrong that way if its important enough they will mail you

windymiller
26-Nov-14, 09:45
..................must be a caithness thing?:eek:

Meaning what?

transit
26-Nov-14, 13:29
Alrock why don't you go your self im trying to warn people and do good a all you can do is comment on my typing off dick

transit
26-Nov-14, 13:30
just complete bams

Scunner
26-Nov-14, 15:17
thanks for the warning that they are on their rounds

Kodiak
26-Nov-14, 16:21
Red Cross are also doing the rounds. Two nights ago I had a visit from a Young Man who said he represented "The Red Cross" and that he wanted me to sign up to Donate a set sum every month by Direct Debit.

I really surprised him when I advised him that I could not do this as I did not have a Bank Account. He left stunned shaking his head in disbelief.

Alrock
27-Nov-14, 00:38
Alrock why don't you go your self im trying to warn people and do good a all you can do is comment on my typing off dick

sorryjustfounditveryhardgoingtryingtomakesenseofwh atyouwheretryingtosayigotthejistanditisgoodtoinfor mpeopleofthepotentialvisitfromapushycharitycollect orbutfromwhaticanmakeofyourpostyouwhereabitmiffedt hatyoucouldntmeethimlateryoudohavetoconsiderthefac tthattohimitisjustajobandalotofpeoplewouldntwantto bedealingwithworkissuesafterfinishingforthedayespe ciallyinsuchamenialjobasthat

sam09
27-Nov-14, 12:45
Why not just put a NO COLD CALLER sign on your door ? I find that in my case they do work. Talk to your local Crime Prevention Officer, they are only too glad to help.

unicorn
29-Nov-14, 01:40
I had the same the other night, very suspicious

laguna2
29-Nov-14, 15:37
Ask to see their ID. Take a note of their name etc., and then contact the charity they claim to represent.

davth
29-Nov-14, 16:23
Why not just put a NO COLD CALLER sign on your door ? I find that in my case they do work. Talk to your local Crime Prevention Officer, they are only too glad to help.

they work ok in the winter, but are useless in the warmer months

sam09
29-Nov-14, 18:44
they work ok in the winter, but are useless in the warmer months

That`s a slur on the hard working Crime Prevention Officer, davth. L.O.L.