PDA

View Full Version : aberdeen

wicker
25-Apr-05, 09:24
Hi

im thinking bout a move to aberdeen and was wondering if anyone had any website addresses for recruitment companies down there for call centre work etc and also any website addresses for housing associations down that way aswell

Thanks

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
25-Apr-05, 10:57
s1 jobs got a lot, try searching aaa on google, aberdeen appointments agency , even just the job centre plus on their websites search call centre and aberdeen.

housing association is grampian housing association ,not sure of website address , but try google again, sorry haven't got more time to look for you in aberdeen the now but just about to go to a lecture.....

lynsey
25-Apr-05, 11:34
hey you could always try the city council website which is www.aberdeencity.gov.uk

lynsey

Donnie
25-Apr-05, 11:35
When I moved from Thurso to Aberdeen I got a p/t job at a call centre through manpower. It was fairly easy as I had worked at BT in Thurso. After that I got a job through AAA. I thought they were really good, I couldn't recommend them enough. Then 3rd one is another recruitment agency that my friend got a job through. All three of them are in the centre of Aberdeen.

http://www.aaa.uk.com/

http://www.manpower.co.uk/office_locator/main_scotland.asp#aberdeen

Kelly Services (Employment & Recruitment Agencies) - 01224 620 910

If you're looking for flats for rent then try -

www.aspc.co.uk

wicker
27-Apr-05, 14:39
cheers for the info, i currently work for bt in thurso already so will try and get transfer wae that and then look for something better once down there i guess

EDDIE
27-Apr-05, 17:11
Hi wicker ive lived aberdeen for the last 13 years used to live in thurso the most popular way of seeing vacant jobs is the press in journal on fridays theres usually about 6 to 8 pages of jobs there also displayed on there website as well,And there is off course jobcentreplus website as well.There is loads of work agencys in aberdeen but that type of jobs are ok but are insecure jobs.But to be quite honest if you came down to aberdeen for a couple of weeks im quite sure u will get something depending on what u are looking for.
Look at first bus and stage coach that cant get drivers for love nor money they train u up to drive buses and i think u can apply online its handy job for starters until u find the job ure wanting to do it is an option.

Donnie
27-Apr-05, 17:41
There is loads of work agencys in aberdeen but that type of jobs are ok but are insecure jobs.

I assume you're talking about temping? The three agencies I mentioned all do full time employment.

EDDIE
27-Apr-05, 19:13
Donnie Im not implying that agencys are bad im trying to point out that some jobs the companys will take you on fulltime after a peroid on the agency books but anytime in that peroid when your with the agency they can rid off you anytime just by a phone call.
Like oil companys employ a lot of agencys staff for long peroid of time and some cases they take them on full time but they also get rid off them when things are tight.Im just trying to point out that you have to be carefull when dealing with agencys thats all.Ive never worked for an agency but ive seen plenty good people not got kept on due to quiet peroids.

A_Usher
28-Apr-05, 09:30
When i was younger i worked for a variety of temping agencies, mainly during the summer whilst at UNI. My experience of them on the whole was not bad, and i am not sure how they are now. Having said that i really only wanted a temporary job at the time and not a permanent position.

My advice would be ask around and get feedback from anyone you know who has worked with them.

Tic Chick
28-Apr-05, 13:35
Hi Wicker

The best website for the most up to date jobs is

http://jobs.thisisnorthscotland.co.uk/

Which is the Press & Journals site, as mentioned by Eddie.