PDA

View Full Version : Where do you shop?

Bloo
26-Mar-07, 22:11
Where do you shop? With tescos in wick and asda supposed to be on the way (doubt it) where do you shop? Somerfield, co-op, tescos or somewhere else? just thought i'd ask this as theres a few things going about supermarket rumours

Mr P Cannop
26-Mar-07, 22:14
big co-op down town in thurso and the small co-op in spring park also in thurso

Piglet
26-Mar-07, 22:30
Well bloo, good question.

I do my shopping in Tesco if hubby is home & if not i shop in Somerfield & Big Coop in Thurso.

Buttercup
26-Mar-07, 23:17
Co-op / Somerfield (Thurso). Keep meaning to try out Tesco Home shopping but haven't got round to it yet - enjoy picking my own items too much! :lol:

gollach
26-Mar-07, 23:21
Co-Op & Lidl in Thurso. Somerfield is a horrible shop.
Have shopped in Tesco but only if I am through in Wick anyway.

The_man_from_del_monte
26-Mar-07, 23:51
Mostly on ebay, I buy my potatoes in sacks from that place that sells fish in Thurso.

Metalattakk
27-Mar-07, 01:50
I shop from right here. No need to go out the door. Magic.

www.tesco.com
www.amazon.co.uk
www.play.com
www.mcallans.com
www.ebay.co.uk
www.maplin.co.uk
www.stringsdirect.co.uk
www.gardentoolsforallseasons.com/
www.furniturevillage.co.uk/

Etc., etc., etc.

If you seek, you shall find it.

www.google.co.uk

The Pepsi Challenge
27-Mar-07, 05:12
mcallans.com? Quality. That cheered me up.

Sheila
27-Mar-07, 09:00
I shop at Mackay's Butchers,the fish shop at the harbour and Somerfield's-which is horrid,but the staff are nice!-My favourite shop is the Health Food Shop, they have all the things you cant get elsewhere and the knowledge as to what to do with it.

McAllans
27-Mar-07, 10:17
And whats wrong with www.mcallans.com (http://www.mcallans.com), Pepsi Challenge? I would value your opinion (negative or otherwise), as we are currently updating areas of the site so now would be a good time to implement any changes.

Thanks

nick@mcallans.com

crashbandicoot1979
27-Mar-07, 10:38
Mainly the Co-op, occasionally lidls. Also mackays grocers, Harrolds butchers, the health shop and either of the fish shops. Would probably go a look to Tesco if I was through in Wick anyway but wouldn't travel through especially and wouldn't bother with the home delivery service either.

emszxr
27-Mar-07, 11:11
living in brora, we only have the co-op, but i dont do much shopping there really, cant get anything i need in it. i get so annoyed when i do have to shop there.
last sat i went to tescos in wick and i also used tescos in inverness and dingwall.
i find i can get everything i need in tescos.

Cattach
27-Mar-07, 17:54
Where do you shop? With tescos in wick and asda supposed to be on the way (doubt it) where do you shop? Somerfield, co-op, tescos or somewhere else? just thought i'd ask this as theres a few things going about supermarket rumours

I shop in lots of different places - quite a lot at Lidls which has great prices and an ever expanding range of the well known brands.

hotrod4
27-Mar-07, 18:11
I work in Tesco's and shop in Tesco's!!!!.lol
I do visit the Co-op in Wick and sometimes LIDL for thier curries and trifles(which are yummy!).
For butcher meat i travel to Thurso to mackays as their meat is A1, worth the petrol for the quality that they sell.
Dont think much of somerfields never really have done always been a co-op person but now my loyalty is with quality and choice that i get from Tesco's.

veekay
27-Mar-07, 18:19
Not really much to do with the original post but I must say thanks to Metalattakk for his post. Need strings so will try stringsdirect.

mareng
27-Mar-07, 22:02

You're kidding, right?

.......... another "what TV channel do you watch?"/"What pizza topping do you like?" - thread.

Is it a cry for help, or something?

JAWS
27-Mar-07, 23:09
I'll shop anywhere that has what I'm looking for. If they don't stock it then they obvioously don't want me to spend money with them.