PDA

View Full Version : sky+

compo
26-Mar-07, 18:21
was considering geting sky+ wonder what any of my fellow orgers thought of it ?

KCI
26-Mar-07, 19:10
Sky + is fantastic!

I had it installed a while ago, and now I can't remember how I coped without it! I've never had any probs with it, and now I don't miss any of my fave programmes. Once the little angel is in bed, I can sit down and catch up on all my TV!

If you are thinking of getting it, I would really recommend it.

Cattach
26-Mar-07, 19:16
was considering geting sky+ wonder what any of my fellow orgers thought of it ?

Great - got it early January. Cost me installation but no more per month as I was already paying for sports. Highly recommended if you like TV but are out a lot or have demanding family. I record lots now and if I do not want it I just delete. It so easy. And when the phone goes I pause the live transmission and pick up where I left off - and catch up in the asdverts!!

JAWS
26-Mar-07, 19:52
Got it recently and am really satisfied. For recording things you don't want to keep forever it's far handier and simpler than messing with video etc.

Liz
26-Mar-07, 20:15
I can do all these on my Freeview PVR so is there much advantage to getting Sky+?

The only complaint I have about my PVR is that the fan makes quite a loud whooshing noise.
Does the Sky+ box make any noise at all?

Sandra
26-Mar-07, 20:19
I can do all these on my Freeview PVR so is there much advantage to getting Sky+?

The only complaint I have about my PVR is that the fan makes quite a loud whooshing noise.
Does the Sky+ box make any noise at all?

Might be the different channel packages, not sure. I can't get Freeview, no signal where I am.

The only 'noise' my sky+ box makes is an occassional whirring of the hard drive.

I got sky+, it's excellent, would recommend it.

golach
26-Mar-07, 20:28
Have Sky+ also and love it, so easy to operate, when I get a chance too, I only get the remote control if I am very good, or Mrs G is out :~(

Bloo
26-Mar-07, 22:06
Sky plus is really good. Lets you record and watch as many times as you want (that is until your recording time is full) but going out? record it. pause live TV. Its great.

Julia
26-Mar-07, 22:28
I am so in love with Sky+, we have had it for about 15 months, I record all my favourite programs enabling me to whizz through the adverts which I can't stand, I don't know how we ever did without it! I could not go back to ordinary Sky now, not ever!

changilass
27-Mar-07, 00:47
sky+ is great when it works right, we are waiting for someone to come out and look at ours cos its gone wrong yet again, you get too used to relying on it and whenit goes wrong you end up missing progs. This is our 3rd box, we are out of our 12 month waranty period and they wanted us to pay about £90 for a maintenace thingy. So I phoned to canx, they are sending someone out to fix it and giving us a further 3 month waranty so we will stay lol