PDA

View Full Version : New to the Area - Badminton and Dancing

BeOneOptica
11-Nov-14, 09:33
Hi All,

I've just moved to the area (Thurso) and looking for things to do. Two of which are Badminton and Dancing (West Coast Swing, Modern Jive, Lindy Hop, Salsa). Does anyone know if any of these activities are live in the area? I've had a search through the forum but the posts are a couple of years old now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

James

Green_not_greed
11-Nov-14, 13:22
Can't help with the dancing, but try Caithness Badminton Association on Facebook.

:)

XR2
13-Nov-14, 09:02
Not sure where abouts in the county you are based but if your in Thurso you could try Miller Calder badminton club on 7.30pm at Thurso High School Games hall every Wednesday I believe.

ParkHotel
13-Nov-14, 12:27
lots of dance classes in thurso. jive and salsa in girl guide hall on tues evenings, latin and ballroom on thur, always looking for new blood and all very friendly and good fun exercise

ParkHotel
13-Nov-14, 13:36
On sunday 23rd we are running one of our very popular live jive afternoons - this one in aid of Anthony Nolan Charity for the 2 wee local lads -Euan & Arran MacLeod -using their services. It starts with a free jive lesson at 1pm for those who are wondering if they would enjoy such a thing and the live bands start at 2pm. Dancing is not compulsory- many come just to listen to the fantastic music!! All welcome. £5 entrance or £3 for concessions, accompanied children free. See you there James!!

heathfieldgunn
14-Nov-14, 00:52
I run the ballroom classes on a Thursday night and we always have room for leads! Welcome to join us in the guide hall 7pm. The live jive in the Park is always good fun for music to dance to.

BeOneOptica
17-Nov-14, 10:50
lots of dance classes in thurso. jive and salsa in girl guide hall on tues evenings, latin and ballroom on thur, always looking for new blood and all very friendly and good fun exercise

Hi ParkHotel. Thanks for this information. What time does the class start tomorrow?

BeOneOptica
17-Nov-14, 10:52
I run the ballroom classes on a Thursday night and we always have room for leads! Welcome to join us in the guide hall 7pm. The live jive in the Park is always good fun for music to dance to.

I'm not sure I am the formal type for Ballroom. However, I may come down for a class on Thursday to see how it fits.

Thanks for all your help. :)

ParkHotel
17-Nov-14, 20:04
Hi it's 7pm for Salsa & 8.30pm for Jive
Have a good evening