PDA

View Full Version : Argos, Homebase and Tesco.- UPDATED- 28th April

robin_1991
24-Apr-05, 10:50
The construction of the retail park where homebase and argos are planning to be building their premises should be going ahead sometime before 31st of May. The park will be situated in the field beside Lidls. If the work is successful, Homebase and Argos will be open Summer 2006.

Tescos are planning in building beside what used to be Caithness Glass but have not yet been given permission.

scotsboy
24-Apr-05, 11:07
Are these enterprises being given "incentives" to open in Wick?

slydog
24-Apr-05, 12:59
Robin, where do you get all of this information?

Fifi
24-Apr-05, 13:46
Page 5 of the John O' Groat Journal!!!! ;) It's hardly 'new' news slydog...... I'm presuming Robin puts this info on for all those without access to the newspapers?

robin_1991
25-Apr-05, 16:09
I dont read papers. I get information from other people and W.T.I.C.

I try to give people in Caithness ( Mainly wick) as much info as I can on things that may be of interest to other people.

Alananders68
25-Apr-05, 16:23
Not before time we were getting an Argos, but do we really want a Tesco??

We already have the rip off Somerfield and short for choice Co-Op, do we therefore really want another supermarket with high prices [evil] , wouldn't an ASDA be much more welcomed?

peter macdonald
25-Apr-05, 17:02
As long as it has a petrol station attached with non ripoff fuel prices i dont care who it is :D

Alli
25-Apr-05, 19:14
Alexander68, go to tesco price check and compare the goods that way. Maybe you'll see how Tesco's is actually cheaper. :D

~~Tides~~
25-Apr-05, 21:13
You might not read papers robin but mabey you should read a computor manual, remember Wick_Boy?

slydog
25-Apr-05, 22:10
What does W.T.I.C mean?

webmannie
25-Apr-05, 22:27
I notice ASDA are considering making a bid for Somerfield, lets hope so, we might just end up with one in Thurso! It would also be an ideal location for a petrol station!

gravedigga
25-Apr-05, 22:32
Wick Town Improvements Commitee

Did any chule see the report on the grampian headlines today with people giving opinions on how the new retail park will affect the town(You can watch it here http://northtonight.grampiantv.co.uk/content/default.asp?page=s1_1_1&newsid=6450).

Doreen Turner seems to think that cos the retail parks will be on the outskirts of the town the town centre will suffer. Personally i think that people coming from other places to shop at the new retail parks will go down the street after they've done their shoping for lunch or whatever and have a wander round the street and a look in the shops. I know if i go to Thurso for a specific reason i always end up looking in the other shops . . . . . . . . . . . . and usually end up spending money - money i can't afford to spend, lol

I think this developement can only be good for the town - typically there's people who always try n put doom n gloom on things though :eyes

Alananders68
27-Apr-05, 11:08
As long as it has a petrol station attached with non ripoff fuel prices i dont care who it is :D

:D

I never understand why so many up here always moan about fuel prices, ffs how many miles do people here do, it's not as if they'd be much better off if prices were in line with the south now is it :confused .

Naefearjustbeer
27-Apr-05, 23:47

:D

I never understand why so many up here always moan about fuel prices, ffs how many miles do people here do, it's not as if they'd be much better off if prices were in line with the south now is it :confused .

The reason I complain is that I would save £250 a year if diesel was 5p a litre cheaper :~( and I would rather it in my pocket than going to the goverment via over inflated taxes. If we had the best roads best hospitals NHS dentistry etc etc I would grudge all the tax I pay, But as we dont get all the best things I shouldnt be paying through the nose for what I do get.

Alananders68
28-Apr-05, 00:16
The reason I complain is that I would save £250 a year if diesel was 5p a litre cheaper and I would rather it in my pocket than going to the goverment via over inflated taxes

Based on what you say, you spend £90 a week on diesel and fair enough lower prices would benefit you, but there are not many people here who spend anywhere near that amount on fuel so lower prices wouldn't really make any noticeable difference to the majority.

Setanta
28-Apr-05, 01:04
The reason I complain is that I would save £250 a year if diesel was 5p a litre cheaper and I would rather it in my pocket than going to the goverment via over inflated taxes

Based on what you say, you spend £90 a week on diesel and fair enough lower prices would benefit you, but there are not many people here who spend anywhere near that amount on fuel so lower prices wouldn't really make any noticeable difference to the majority.

Well I do what I think is average miles around Caithness and it costs me £50 approx. a week. I am another one who knows that the price up here is far too dear. Mind you the pump owners only make pennies.