PDA

View Full Version : The cost of Calor gas

Chrissie
26-Mar-07, 12:07
Was just wondering if there is anybody out there who uses Calor domestic LPG to heat their home? Reason I ask is I believe that Calor does not charge everybody the same rate. I had a letter the other day stating that it was now going to be 33p a litre and instead of my normal monthly payments of £71 they now want £112! I emailed their customer services and told them I could not justify nor afford this increase - silence- then I received a letter today telling me that from the 1st of April the cost is being reduced by 2p a litre to 31p. Just curious to hear if anybody is getting calor at less than 31p a litre.

Cattach
26-Mar-07, 17:56
Was just wondering if there is anybody out there who uses Calor domestic LPG to heat their home? Reason I ask is I believe that Calor does not charge everybody the same rate. I had a letter the other day stating that it was now going to be 33p a litre and instead of my normal monthly payments of £71 they now want £112! I emailed their customer services and told them I could not justify nor afford this increase - silence- then I received a letter today telling me that from the 1st of April the cost is being reduced by 2p a litre to 31p. Just curious to hear if anybody is getting calor at less than 31p a litre.

I do not have calor gas as I moved away from them due the price. However, on a number of occasions I bargained a got a lower price than first quoted. I never paid be direct debit or monthly saving scheme. I phoned to order more gas, asked the price and then haggled an threatened to change to another form of heating. When the price became too igh and theywere harder to haggle with I just left them. They tried to charge me ton take the tank away. I just told tem to come and get it or I would charge for having their property on my land - they came and got it pretty quick!