PDA

View Full Version : Buses from Aberdeen to Inverness

obalam
26-Mar-07, 11:48
Can anyone help with Sunday bus times from Aberdeen to Inverness.

golach
26-Mar-07, 14:42
http://www.stagecoachbus.com/timetables/10pckttt01112006.pdf

George Brims
26-Mar-07, 21:37
My advice would be to take the train! I used that bus service just once, from Aberdeen Airport to Inverness, and I never will again. The problem is that it is not an Express type service. It is a local bus that just happens to have a very long route. It stops at a million places, so it takes forever. I particularly recall two old wifies getting on in one wee town, asking the driver how he was getting on, how his mam was keeping, mentioning the weather, and eventually, when the poor bloke got a word in edgeways to remind them, commencing a search for their purses in their handbags, then the bus passes in the purses. Finally we got underway again. They got off less than a quarter mile up the road! I'm not kidding. As they blethered on I could see a bloke at the other bus stop stepping out into the road to see if the bus was coming.

At least on the train you can get up and walk around. I had just come off a long flight, three flights in fact, with a long stopover at one of the changes, so I was really sick of sitting down by that time.

dirdyweeker
26-Mar-07, 23:49
bus takes 5 hours! I too would advise the train as it is much quicker. I think
it is only 2 hours by train if my memory serves me well.

Fran
27-Mar-07, 00:49
I always get the train at aberdeen at 1.15 and arrive inverness at 3.30pm then have 2 hours to wander around Inverness before getting the train home to caithness.

George Brims
27-Mar-07, 23:56
I see from the map that the Dyce railway sstation is right by the edge of the airport (though on the opposite side from the air terminal). Does anyone know if there's a simple handy way to get from one to the other? I suppose a taxi would do. When researching fares home from the US I generally avoid the ones that end at Aberdeen since the bus service is so bad. It's much handier getting up North from Glasgow for instance.

Solus
28-Mar-07, 13:50
Its still a fair walk from airport to Dyce railway station, taxi best option from airport to railway station