PDA

View Full Version : "BARROWGILL HALL WICK" Looking for info

justlikethat!
04-Nov-14, 16:52
Hi I am Looking for the owner of Barrogill Hall in Wick, any Info would be greatly appreciated Thanks :D

riggerboy
04-Nov-14, 17:03
I'm sure kamal hamid owns it

sids
04-Nov-14, 18:53
If searching, "Barrogill" might give better results.

And maybe even "Ahmed."

Fran
05-Nov-14, 00:39
Is the owner still the auction man who lives at watten. I can't remember his name. He is a delivery driver now. Wish it would open as an auction again.

Fran
05-Nov-14, 19:45
The name I was looking for was willi cog hill, he was the last owner of the hall and ran an auction there

dawncw
05-Nov-14, 22:51
It was bought by the north highland college after it was the auction hall.

scorrie
07-Nov-14, 18:45
As the minutes of the Highland Council meeting dated 13th December 2004 show, the Barrogill Hall was purchased by the North Highland College for the following worthy reason.

"Donald MacBeath, Depute Principal at Thurso College explained that the former Barrogill Hall had been purchased by the College for use as the Barrogill Performing Arts Centre. He said that the North Highland College was committed to extending its provision in Wick and that there was a culture of drama and performing arts in the Wick area. The development will be taken forward in conjunction with the PPP Community Centre because of the complementaries. He said that it would be good to have a Community Centre locally and that the feasibility study had given favourable and encouraging results. The target date for completion of the project is September 2006."

I think we can all see how successfully the commitment to extending the College's provision in Wick worked out from the tumbleweed blowing past the building now.

In another gem from the same meeting:-

"Councillor Flear referred to the recent success of the Wick District Heating Scheme at The Green Energy Awards 2004. The project was named as the Best Community Initiative of the year for its sustainable wood fuel project involving Pulteney Distillery, the Highland Council and the community of Caithness. The not-for-profit company is a large scale combined heat and power district heating scheme and will use wood chip as the main energy source. The wood chip will replace heavy fuel oil at the distillery and the wasted heat from Pulteney Distillery will supply 60 percent of the annual water and heating requirements of 600 homes, institutional and commercial buildings. Councillor Smith showed other members the award which had been handed over to him at the ceremony in the presence of Ms Marshall. Councillor Smith referred to the significance of this Scottish award coming to Caithness. He thanked the owners and management of the distillery for their support, and hoped that Caithness would go on the map as being at the cutting edge in the use of renewable energy."

Typical bureaucratic back slapping when nothing had been achieved yet, and awards handed out for a scheme that never burned a wood chip in anger and turned into a white elephant sold for a quid. I assume that the "Green" award was returned after the scheme turned into a piece of "Brown" spent fuel that collided with the extraction system?

111heather
09-Nov-14, 12:00
If you go to the PPP they will tell you who ownes it as they use it at the mo