PDA

View Full Version : B.S.T try C.O.T.

LENSMAN
25-Mar-07, 17:02
Hopefully everyone remembered to put their clocks forward last night but I must warn you of another time zone, this is Council Operating Time.
Let me explain.
I turned up at the recycling depot todat at 13.52 to find the gates being locked when I asked what was happening I was informed that he was closing for lunch.
When I pointed out that there was 8 minutes to go I was told that his watch said 14:02 and as he opened to his watch he closed to his watch.
Fair enough I said I'll see you in half an hour.
I returned at 14:20 BST but it didn't open until 14:28 BST or 14:38 COT.
I wasn't the only one waiting.
Anyone else come across COT?

poppett
25-Mar-07, 18:37
"See you after eleven" translates as anything before mid-day in Caithness time.
"Tuesday"......yes but WHICH Tuesday.

I have recently been involved in an all trades job for my father which would be "finished by Friday"....that was over five weeks ago ....and there are still snags to sort out.

On the other hand I was at the recycling the other day in an estate car loaded to the roof with someone elses rubbish. The attendant took time to come and help sort the stuff and couldn`t have been nicer, even though he was eating something at the time.

LENSMAN
25-Mar-07, 20:51
"See you after eleven" translates as anything before mid-day in Caithness time.

Doesn't stand as the man was English.

Bobinovich
25-Mar-07, 21:15
Ach that doesn't mean anything Lensman, I'm an incomer from south of the border (some 30 years or so ago) and I happily work on Caithness time LOL!

The laid-back approach up here is part of the charm of the place. I imagine that, of those coming here from the rat race, to have such 'flexibility' in times can be as much a blessing as a menace :D

sweetpea
25-Mar-07, 21:19
Why do today what you can put off till tommorrow? When you can lie down beneath the sun, stars, moon...;)