PDA

View Full Version : Harris hawk

spurtle
29-Oct-14, 12:00
Harris hawk (brown, buzzard-like bird, wearing leather straps missing Thrumster area If you see it, could you phone Derek on 07900414940

spurtle
29-Oct-14, 21:18
Thanks to everyone who looked at this.
Derek got his hawk back this evening

Alice in Blunderland
29-Oct-14, 23:14
Was it still in Thrumster area ?

spurtle
30-Oct-14, 10:30
Picked up at Sarclet. She had been gorging on roadkill rabbits, so was quite happy not to be home!

Alice in Blunderland
30-Oct-14, 14:12
Yes I saw all the road kill. I did wonder if it was down our way they got it.

spurtle
31-Oct-14, 18:28
The difficulty when they have had plenty to eat, is that they don't care ift hey come back or not. The term "fed-up" comes straight from falconry like a lot of phrases that have come into common usage

Kevin Milkins
31-Oct-14, 20:11
The term "fed-up" comes straight from falconry like a lot of phrases that have come into common usage

An interesting bit of trivia, Spurtle. I'm feeling fed up just now, but not from eating road kill or feeling depressed, I just stuffed a huge plate of Mrs M's cauliflower cheese.

RUNT
04-Nov-14, 10:40
Would you be will to have an apprentice!? I would love to have a Bird of Prey / falcon that I could hunt with

spurtle
04-Nov-14, 19:28
Sorry, but we only have people who come on holiday with hawks. Perhaps someone local will see your post. I believe there are one or two people who do it locally, It is a BIG commitment, though