PDA

View Full Version : Another new vacume cleaner required

cuddlepop
24-Mar-07, 22:16
In the past three years we've gone through three vacume cleaners they've all been different models and over the £100 mark.The latest is in bits on the floor as I type.The hose is perished and the belt knackerd,only replaced it last week:eek: .Just spent £7. 20 on a tiny new runner for it.(Typical)
What electrical item ate you hard on?

Wish
24-Mar-07, 22:45
Hi Jackie

I have the same problems with hoovers too, I swear its all the dog hairs that knacker it up!

I don't get on well with electrical appliances atall:roll:

Tristan
24-Mar-07, 22:47
Mielle Cat and Dog
great vacuum

cullbucket
24-Mar-07, 23:06
The last one we had was one of those Henry ones with a face on the front. We never had any bother with it and I also noticed that was the one being used by the commercial cleaning company who were cleaning our offices at night.... may be worth a go, don't think it was very expensive....

footie chick
24-Mar-07, 23:15
The last one we had was one of those Henry ones with a face on the front. We never had any bother with it and I also noticed that was the one being used by the commercial cleaning company who were cleaning our offices at night.... may be worth a go, don't think it was very expensive....

I have to agree in 7 years I've had 9 hoovers! I've had Henry since the new year and he always has a smile on his face [lol]
It's the only hoover that I dont have to unplug and move the plug to do the whole house. Also when the bag is new{hardly ever and I hoover at LEAST twice a day sometimes more} I cant use it on full power only low.

I would have Henry any day before any others I've had.

{Also youngest speaks to Henry as if he's a person cos he has a name was in the bad looks yesterday cos he tripped him up[lol] }

footie chick
24-Mar-07, 23:20
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i184/footiewildcat/henry_hooverHVR2000_1.jpg

The only one for me now and I can hoover the car without an extension lead! {no I'm not on commission though I wish I was} [lol]

Geo
25-Mar-07, 00:11
I did a bit of research on this a while back. The two names that kept coming up over and over as being very good were Miele and Henry. I will go for one of those when our current Dyson breaks *again!*

cuddlepop
25-Mar-07, 10:16
Must admit we had a Henry in the community centre and it was a work horse.Had a vax years ago when they first came out and was quiet pleased with it so have gone back to an upright vax.
Henry's no use in our house as it has to be an upright.Never heard of a Miele:confused
Wish your probably right,it'll be the dog hairs ....where can I find a couple of short haired collies.Only kidding :lol:

poppett
25-Mar-07, 18:44
I have just taken delivery of my new panasonic 2000watt upright with onboard tools. Long lead does the whole house from the hall plug, and no leaning the machine back or putting on a switch to go from tools to brush. It automatically knows the kind of surface it`s put on and sooks accordingly....the rolls royce of cleaners, and I am a panasonic queen. I still have the original one over 20 years old which is used to clean the car and the shed.