PDA

View Full Version : Inverness B & B

Fran
23-Apr-05, 01:34
Can anyone recommend a good B&B in Inverness, reasonable rate and central as i am going by train?. I tried booking into the Royal Highland hotel but they are charging £55 for a single room.....the cheap offers are for 2 sharing!

Bill Fernie
23-Apr-05, 03:24
Try Ardross Street where there are several B & B's. It is near to Eden court theatre and only minutes walk along the River Ness to the main shops. Two I can think of are Ardross B & B and the Glencairn both in that street. At this time of year you can pretty well walk in to places but as the summer goes on you nneed to book. They have ensuite tea and coffee etc in the rooms and have singles and doubles although sometimes you may find all they have left are doubles. Glencairn charges £30 for adouble if you are on your own and I think £25 for a single room. There are cheaper places in Kenneth Street. I saw an ad the other day for one in a window for £15 but have not stayed in that street myself.
A fairly cheap hotel is Wetherspoons in Church Street. All very plain and simple but very clean and everything you need . Very central especially if you do not have a car with you and it is not far from the station. You are right in the middle of the shopping area and handy for taking things back to the hotel. You will have to check the prices but they are one of the most competitive centrally based hotels. All meals are in the bar if you do not mind that but they are at the usual very low Wetherspoons prices. Otherwise there are plenty of eating places round that area if you do not want to eat in a bar. The Raj Indian is steps away but the choice is big near there.

Fran
24-Apr-05, 01:22
thank you BILL, I will certainly look into the ones you have mentioned. thank you again for your help.