PDA

View Full Version : UPVC Windows and door

roncam29
21-Oct-14, 18:16
Hi thinking about getting new windows and front door fitted, anyone have any dealings with Cairngorm, or would I be better buying windows and door myself, and get a local joiner to fit them. Any advice would be good.

retrodj
21-Oct-14, 20:38
If you find a joiner let me know please as I've been trying to get one to fit a new front door since May when we moved in. We are getting desperate now as we can't keep house warm with the wind blowing through front door.

Iffy
22-Oct-14, 07:20
We had 5 windows installed by Cairngorm Windows and they all leaked when it rained - oh, and they told us it was nothing to do with them. Strange that they never had any water ingress before [evil]. They point blank refused to talk with Trading Standards when we involved them :confused. The word "cowboys" doesn't even cover what their "outfit" is like [evil] !! Be warned !!!!!

rose123
22-Oct-14, 14:31
hi,
Try Roy on 07795510773

rose123
22-Oct-14, 14:36
Hi,
Go on internet less than half the price, all you have to do is measure what you have in place now get in touch with couple of company's they will deliver to your door. got all mine from England.

RUNT
22-Oct-14, 18:02
Where in England!? I can't get any to deliver

smithp
22-Oct-14, 19:41
All windows bought from England probably don't comply with Scottish building regs.

cazmanian_minx
22-Oct-14, 19:59
We used ERG for both windows and doors, very, very pleased with their service, as was my extremely-hard-to-please mother in law! We had them fitted in the spring this year and as a result of the improved heat retention (and we were replacing existing double-glazing fitted by another firm), we are over £200 more in credit on our September electricity bill (electric heating), so I'm really looking forwards to seeing how much they save us over winter!

papigoeloon
22-Oct-14, 21:21
I find Cairngorm great to deal with and supply good windows and door I have all from them

Dan5670
22-Oct-14, 21:47
I got windows and doors from Easter Ross Windows now ERG - HIghly recommend them and after sales is 1st class nothing was too much bother for them

aidipi
23-Oct-14, 14:55
Our house was built three and a half years ago and the windows and doors are Cairngorm. We have had absolutely no problem with them in any way, shape or form.

For that rason I am happy to recommend them.

roncam29
23-Oct-14, 23:47
Thanks to everyone for your input.